What runes/keystones are most effective for Leona in this season?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. What runes/keystones are most effective for Leona in this season?

User Info: LordNobunaga

LordNobunaga
1 month ago#1
Getting back into this after a 3 year hiatus and intend on becoming a leona main, so I wonder which runes/keystones would be best for her now?
Nemesis (Smite) is my waifu.
I livestream on PS4. The name is spunkyhusky on Twitch, CommElite on Youtube

User Info: Not_Endgame

Not_Endgame
1 month ago#2
Aftershock seems like a must
I don't know about the rest I don't even own her
"Its called a spitroast and its the most emotional bond two straight men can share."

User Info: aHappySacka

aHappySacka
1 month ago#3
Pretty sure Aftershock was nerfed just because of Leona but it's still probably the best choice.

I don't play Leona but runes look pretty standard for her with 2nd and 4th choices being personal preference, though 3rd choice has to be Conditioning because she already has free resistances built into her kit.

If I have to guess, the secondary can be either Domination (red) or Inspiration (light blue) depending on whether you're trying for early kills or want a safer lane. But this is only assuming Cheap Shot works well in her kit so if it doesn't then only get the latter.
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/91NC0Cb.gifv

User Info: jukester

jukester
1 month ago#4
I personally go for Aftershock, Boneplating, Conditioning, Overgrowth, and then Sorcery runes: Ult Hat and Celerity.

I love Celerity on tanks, makes you faster and gives you a little boost to your AP since you probably aren't building any of that on Leona, and she does benefit slightly from it.

As for Ult Hat, I personally like it because most support tanks have strong CC with their ults. The more ults, the better. You may say the CD isn't that long, etc. etc., and that's true, but what if the next fight is sooner than you want it to be for whatever reason, I'd rather have an ult up pretty much any engage anytime. Especially hers with its range and AoE.
"i watched the first episode of The Apprentice when it premiered in January of 2004. figured i was good to skip the State of the Union." ~ Antallic

User Info: lightdragoon88

lightdragoon88
1 month ago#5
I fought against someone on ARAM that used:

Press the Attack. Due to her stickyness with E and Q (and the auto reset of Q) she easily apply the 3 stacks allowing your ADC (or whoever you are with) to deal that nice bonus damage.

As for the other in that tree: Presence of Mind (for mana and allowing her ult to be up more often), Legend: Tenacity, and Last Stand.

of course second tree is Resolved with Conditioning, Bone Plating/Font of Life.

This ended up working very well and surprised me.
I seek Knowledge. The most valuable resource of all.

User Info: Arken101

Arken101
4 weeks ago#6
Aftershock has no counterplay. She`s level 2 and has 200 armor like wth
[http://artbot.everyboty.net/pix/590.png] [http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png]
Disregard Choices, Acquire Swain

User Info: Rookie_Jet

Rookie_Jet
4 weeks ago#7
Arken101 posted...
Aftershock has no counterplay. She`s level 2 and has 200 armor like wth

Yeah, aftershock is insane on her. 2nd tree, I like domination on most supports for the zombie ward rune and ingenious hunter. Zombie ward gives a stupid amount of free extra vision. Ingenious hunter comes in handy on most supports since they tend to be active item heavy. Leo often ends up with a locket at minimum, but also MIGHT get a zz'rot, ohmwrecker, or mikael's (if your carries can't afford/squeeze QSS into their builds). Ingenious hunter also lowers the CD of your trinkets which is very useful for obvious reasons.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#8
the ones about the sun duh
What doth life?
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. What runes/keystones are most effective for Leona in this season?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived