How do you play Akali well?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How do you play Akali well?

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
7 months ago#1
Both mid and top. What runes do you take?
A battle between Goku and any Yugioh protagonist ends in an infinite plot armor loop.

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
7 months ago#2
dont take any runes. you don't actually need them. the best way i found to be successful on akali is locking her in at champ select. that's literally all you need to do,.
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

User Info: sahilmohammad

sahilmohammad
7 months ago#3
please dont, have some dignity damn it
"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police."-SomeLikeItHoth

User Info: 8420

7 months ago#4
Rune choice is usually Electrocute -> Sudden Impact -> Ghost Poro or Eyeball Collector -> Ravenous Hunter (some players like Ingenious Hunter for GunBlade CDR, and also works on Predator as a handful of Akali players like Predator for mid-game roams). You can take Precision with Triumph + Coup de Grace second, or Sorcery for more late game scaling with something like Gathering Storm, either Nullifying Orb or Transcendence. It's preference; I like the CDR, personally, but Akali doesn't truly need it since her CDs are fairly low. Some Akalis also like Klepto (I don't since nerfs) or Spellbook. Spellbook makes it much easier to survive lane with TP, and sums cooldown are great for late game. Also, something something League of Stopwatch.

R > Q > E > W is skill max. If you're against something like a Teemo top or something with bad waveclear early (or something that will stack MR vs you), you can max E first and shove enemies to tower, just make sure to ward, obviously.

When laning, use Q, back off and wait for Q to come up, then Shroud to them, auto -> Q -> auto if you're quick enough. That's the ideal trade in lane for Akali. Make sure you auto something else first to prep your passive if you won't get a second hit; the passive damage plus Q and auto damage should be enough to proc Electrocute.

You'll always want to rush Gunblade, obviously, but don't be afraid to buy defensive boots on Akali if they have someone who is fed or a lot of CC for you. GA is a fantastic late game item on Akali, don't be afraid to buy it as a 3rd/4th item.

Do not give up your Shroud easily! This is your only defensive ability, save it for their biggest skillshot/CC/damage ability. Save it for the Trynd or Fiora ult; use it when knocked away by Alistar to negate the displacement by timing it right. If you're pushed and your Shroud is on cooldown, don't be afraid to take a few steps back to make yourself harder to be engaged on or ganked.
Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
"Don't worry fam, quitting LoL is easy, I've done it at least 10 times." -RJ1771

User Info: Johnny_Cueto

Johnny_Cueto
7 months ago#5
pound head into keyboard. Congrats you win lane.

User Info: 8420

7 months ago#6
Johnny_Cueto posted...

Only if your opponent is a potato, or doesn't have a working keyboard.
Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
"Don't worry fam, quitting LoL is easy, I've done it at least 10 times." -RJ1771

generalguy64
7 months ago#7
sahilmohammad posted...
please dont, have some dignity damn it

I main R.O.B. I want other people to hate me as much as I hate myself. Akali seems perfect for that since I can't stand playing Veigar.
A battle between Goku and any Yugioh protagonist ends in an infinite plot armor loop.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
7 months ago#8
8420 posted...
Johnny_Cueto posted...

Only if your opponent is a potato, or doesn't have a working keyboard.

But...but what about the memes?!

THE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES!!!!

:^)

User Info: Le__Seul__Dieu

Le__Seul__Dieu
7 months ago#9
Johnny_Cueto posted...

generalguy64
7 months ago#10
Le__Seul__Dieu posted...
Johnny_Cueto posted...

Akali, not Katarina.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How do you play Akali well?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived