Lategame tank supports gets no income.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Lategame tank supports gets no income.

User Info: LilGazpacho

LilGazpacho
8 months ago#1
Hear me hear me.
So erm, controllers (enchanter and catchers like soraka and blitz) or back-line supporters gets coin or edge right? which allows them to safely earn bling by harassing or shuffling through the field, avoiding the roughs in the frontline and skirmishing like the flies they are. It works.
And lategame when their adc like Draven or Ashe clears the wave they just need to grabs them coins or use their long range spells to attack any enemy champs in sight.

Thats cool. But how bout Tanks? Vanguards and Warden like Leona and Braum?
They get SPOILS OF WAR *wow so macho*
Melee autoattacks execute minions below X health.
Damn!

Sure, early laning phases where no one has high damage a tank can just walks by , hits a half hp creep and gets a heal and gold. This continues till you get enough for Targons or maybe remnant. But what happens now is your adc gets farmed and fat. These CS minded drones can one shot minions or clears them before you, who follows them around like a slow moving puppy (in the case of wardens), ggets even a chance to execute them. Now you are running around with full charges failing to get a hit unless your team focuses on fights and recalls, which in case you cant proc in too cuz they will B far from lane.
So here you are, hitting creeps without the procs, and risk getting caught.

So, now you are the anchor dragging down the team cuz you healthy but no damage, cuz you got no gold. No utility. No LOTUS. No RO. 30mins maybe 1 and a half items. And that first item probs a Knights Vow.

Tough life.
Know thy self, know thy enemy.

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
8 months ago#2
afik in fountain. that'll still be enough to afford you 1,5 items at 30 min and you can just lasthit super minions as they come into your base

User Info: Motarcanus

Motarcanus
8 months ago#3
According to na.op.gg, 4 of the top winning supports are tanks who build relic: Allistar, Braum, Blitzcrank, and Leona.

What you say is true that 'earning gold from relic is harder than earning gold from the other support items'. But from there, you need to rethink your analysis (and your gameplay).

User Info: LikesToCry

LikesToCry
8 months ago#4
Motarcanus posted...
According to na.op.gg, 4 of the top winning supports are tanks who build relic: Allistar, Braum, Blitzcrank, and Leona.

What you say is true that 'earning gold from relic is harder than earning gold from the other support items'. But from there, you need to rethink your analysis (and your gameplay).

They changed the charts (it starts sorting by their tiers now), Blitz is #8 for supports according to WR, Ali and Braum are top 5 but so are Janna and Bard.

User Info: skeIedragon

skeIedragon
8 months ago#5
This one is simple.

As a ranged support you sit there and do nothing as your adc gets dove by the melee tank initiatiors and watch as your team gets crushed, so you need the extra gold from the waves.

As a melee tank initiator support, you are diving in (or peeling if plat one or higher) for your team to smash the enemy team, so you are getting all your gold from assists and towers your team is taking.

There’s a reason melee tank initiator supports have a much higher winrate than ranged supports right now.

User Info: breakfastramen

breakfastramen
8 months ago#6
Best change they made was finally let us ping the number of charges remaining on targons. Now after the mid laner one shots the wave, I can ping that I have 4 charges until I'm out of pings, and then they let me get one charge off before deleting the next wave.

Pretty big improvement.
GT: Gus Plus

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
8 months ago#7
are we pretending tank supports needs more than 3-4 items now? i play ali, leona, and naut. im full build at 3 items. that's all i need to tank like a god and provide cc and soaking for my team. and i rarely feel like im starving for gold either.
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
8 months ago#8
Frostfang isn't exactly easy to proc consistently either, I don't think.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: flamepillar

flamepillar
8 months ago#9
I think this is pretty true of all support classes.. relic supports can't farm because carries are stupid, coin supports are probably doing something other than idly sitting next to a farming champion waiting for coins to drop, and spellthief supports aren't going to be poking since assuming this is late game unless they're xerath being in range of any ability of an enemy while not having full support of team = getting caught out and dying.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Lategame tank supports gets no income.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived