People enjoy playing ARAM?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. People enjoy playing ARAM?

User Info: ImTryingPlsHelp

ImTryingPlsHelp
4 months ago#1
Tried some matches and I thought I saw the same champs every game on SR, but it's about 1000 times worse in ARAM. Lux in every single match somehow, her BE price is high so can't use that excuse like you do with cheaper champs like Ashe or Yi (which are also in every game). Manaflow Band and Celerity (and mages start Lost Chapter) on pretty much every champ so it's actually impossible to run out of mana while you randomly use abilities for no reason whatsoever. In two of the matches there were roughly 2-3 fights total, the rest consisted of simply trying to outpush the enemy team (Ziggs vs Xerath was tons of exciting game play between two artillery champs out of sight of the enemy team being so far back) so that minions could take the tower after about 15 mins. So much for quicker matches. I tried inting to end it sooner but our team could stall too well.

I could maybe see the appeal if you could choose your own champ, but it can't be random when the same champs are in every game yet you're not directly allowed to choose a specific champ. Obviously ARAM accounts but you only get 2 rerolls so I guess people dodge.

Also for such a supposedly lighthearted mode, people treat this as or more seriously than ranked.

User Info: chobit_A5HL3Y

chobit_A5HL3Y
4 months ago#2
because when you actually wanna have fun(which most of the time has to do with winning) but someone on your team thinks it's "fun" to int or purposely lose, then what's the point of playing at all? i don't care if i lose a game that was lost based on the rng, but when someone goes out of their way to waste everyone else's time, that's bulls***. don't waste my f***ing time lol

the mode is primarily based on luck because of the random picks, but when you finally get a decent team, it's nice to actually play to win. if you wanna try out your horse s*** ap darius build, then play a bot game lol
i am i.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 months ago#3
Hard engage s***s on pokers. Go ham.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Mander1861

Mander1861
4 months ago#4
ImTryingPlsHelp posted...
Tried some matches and I thought I saw the same champs every game on SR, but it's about 1000 times worse in ARAM. Lux in every single match somehow, her BE price is high so can't use that excuse like you do with cheaper champs like Ashe or Yi (which are also in every game). Manaflow Band and Celerity (and mages start Lost Chapter) on pretty much every champ so it's actually impossible to run out of mana while you randomly use abilities for no reason whatsoever. In two of the matches there were roughly 2-3 fights total, the rest consisted of simply trying to outpush the enemy team (Ziggs vs Xerath was tons of exciting game play between two artillery champs out of sight of the enemy team being so far back) so that minions could take the tower after about 15 mins. So much for quicker matches. I tried inting to end it sooner but our team could stall too well.

I could maybe see the appeal if you could choose your own champ, but it can't be random when the same champs are in every game yet you're not directly allowed to choose a specific champ. Obviously ARAM accounts but you only get 2 rerolls so I guess people dodge.

Also for such a supposedly lighthearted mode, people treat this as or more seriously than ranked.

My god you must be terrible.
Only ultra bads think lux is auto win on arams.
Sigs are for nerds.
Hardstuck in challenger.

User Info: OshawottGuy4

OshawottGuy4
4 months ago#5
I'm too much of a tryhard for ARAM.
*Goes to normals where people do it to a lesser extent*
Right, I'll do you for that.
Toxic people are just people that were abused in their childhood, are currently having a terrible life, and/or having no life.

User Info: NoAvailUsername

NoAvailUsername
4 months ago#6
right now aram is in a bad state because of pathetic aram account abusers and dark harvest being overtuned

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
4 months ago#7
NoAvailUsername posted...
right now aram is in a bad state because of pathetic aram account abusers and dark harvest being overtuned

The whole idea of ARAM accounts with only specific champions unlocked is hilarious! People go that tryhard for what is basically a minigame?
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 months ago#8
Sir_RaZZo posted...
The whole idea of ARAM accounts with only specific champions unlocked is hilarious! People go that tryhard for what is basically a minigame?

Contrary to the popular belief, winning is fun.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
4 months ago#9
ImTryingPlsHelp posted...
So much for quicker matches

The matches are much quicker, using one pseudo-example where it didn't end as fast as you wanted it to doesn't change that.

It isn't perfect but its flaws are overblown usually. Best thing about it imo is that you're right in the middle of all the action. If my teammate is a feeding moron, I'd rather be in the lane with him than on the other side of the map while the enemy hypercarry gets out of control.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: MageGuyInfinity

MageGuyInfinity
4 months ago#10
Sir_RaZZo posted...
NoAvailUsername posted...

Don’t think this isn’t by design. They are making millions of people creating second accounts and buying the same champs for the second time
Do not support the racism that is Resident Evil 5
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. People enjoy playing ARAM?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived