Is top lane supposed to be fun?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is top lane supposed to be fun?

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
3 months ago#11
No. It's a lane for tanks and idiots.
A battle between Goku and any Yugioh protagonist ends in an infinite plot armor loop.

User Info: Bearacudda98

Bearacudda98
3 months ago#12
generalguy64 posted...
No. It's a lane for tanks and idiots.

>Implying tank mains aren't idiots?

???

Anyways. the reason toplane isn't fun is because f***ing ranged champs like, jayce, gnar, teemo, quinn etc. scale too hard, with no risks against a melee since they can autowin any trade or disengage super hard. Or you pick a tank and they have enough innate sustain, for some reason, to stay in lane with no mana costs and they just freeze and wait for the jungler to come top, in which they have enough cc to lock you down until the jungler kills you.

Or it's Ornn in which he's a ranged burst tank so there's that
Official Canadian of Gamefaqs....EH!!!
Bubba: http://i.imgur.com/8zyNbxw.jpg Lucy: http://i.imgur.com/FxAeeUJ.jpg

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
3 months ago#13
BurritoGod posted...
It's extremely fun in fighter vs fighter matchups without jungler interference. Those never happen though.

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
3 months ago#14
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
BurritoGod posted...
It's extremely fun in fighter vs fighter matchups. Those never happen though. Ranged and tanks plague top lane right now.

WHAT RANGED? GNAR?

please tell me. cuz every damn game it's the same thing

illaoi
mao
gnar (sure)
orn
riven
yasuo
nasus
gankplank
camille
urgot (i guess but not really?)
vlad (ill give you)
akali
fiora
jayce (ill give you)
kled
even poppy made a random comeback

where is all this range you speak of? like 2 of them? while everyone else is a melee carry or a tank? queue up for a diamond game right now. there is a 95% chance one of the champs i listed will be the opposing top laner and it most likely won't be a "ranged" one.

Swain and teemo make frequent appearances now too thanks to aery. In addition to the other 4 that's 6. There's also the occasional quinn or Vayne. They're extremely annoying to play against for most traditional top laners.
GT: WiestdaBeast

User Info: cobbil

cobbil
3 months ago#15
The only time I find toplane unfun is vs a Quinn or Ornn. Thankfully very few play Quinn. Even Riot employees are admitting Ornn does WAY too much damage.

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
3 months ago#16
BurritoGod posted...
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
BurritoGod posted...
It's extremely fun in fighter vs fighter matchups. Those never happen though. Ranged and tanks plague top lane right now.

WHAT RANGED? GNAR?

illaoi
mao
gnar (sure)
orn
riven
yasuo
nasus
gankplank
camille
vlad (ill give you)
akali
fiora
jayce (ill give you)
kled

where is all this range you speak of? like 2 of them? while everyone else is a melee carry or a tank? queue up for a diamond game right now. there is a 95% chance one of the champs i listed will be the opposing top laner and it most likely won't be a "ranged" one.

Swain and teemo make frequent appearances now too thanks to aery. In addition to the other 4 that's 6. There's also the occasional quinn or Vayne. They're extremely annoying to play against for most traditional top laners.

nobody plays swain. imagine thinking aery is giving swain popularity. nevermind the fact people dont take aery on swain so not really sure what drugs youre on. nevermind the fact that swain was NERFED with new runes because 1. none of them really suit him 2. deathfire touch was better than all the current runes. nevermind the fact that swain's win rate is the lowest of all time right now. he historically has been in the 53 range. and pretty much never dropped below that for all the years ive been playing this game. he's 51.7 right now. tell me more about how swain is so good and picked top lane. oh swain is the 18th least picked champion in the game right now on op.gg. 139 champions. ivern is 139. swain is 122. aatrox 124 for comparison. swain is as popular as aatrox right now...

nobody plays quin. nobody plays vayne top. teemo is also pretty rare (which i find strange because i distinctly remember him being spammed pretty hard right when runes were introduced but i guess TANKS and MELEES dropped him out of favor. also aery got nerfed decently IIRC and he abused it hard). if your definition of "ranged ruining top lane" is these extremely rarely picked ranged champions you see maybe a few times a month, then you're obviously biased or have bad memory. sorry you saw swain 3 times this month...i saw maokai and camille/riven/yasuo 20 times this month so...

if anything ranged tops need to come back because NOBODY IS PLAYING THEM despite whatever story you're crafting here. you can cry ranged is frustrating top lane. and maybe they are. but guess what? you will almost never see them so you dont have an argument at all. and of all ranged you didnt even mention vlad who is in every game mid or top, 2x the champ swain will ever be, but you jump straight to swain xd

if anything i said is wrong, prove it. not with anecdotal evidence. with numbers or proof of all these rranged tops you claim you keep seeing.
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

BurritoGod
3 months ago#17
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
BurritoGod posted...
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
BurritoGod posted...

WHAT RANGED? GNAR?

illaoi
mao
gnar (sure)
orn
riven
yasuo
nasus
gankplank
camille
vlad (ill give you)
akali
fiora
jayce (ill give you)
kled

nobody plays swain. imagine thinking aery is giving swain popularity. nevermind the fact people dont take aery on swain so not really sure what drugs youre on. nevermind the fact that swain was NERFED with new runes because 1. none of them really suit him 2. deathfire touch was better than all the current runes. nevermind the fact that swain's win rate is the lowest of all time right now. he historically has been in the 53 range. and pretty much never dropped below that for all the years ive been playing this game. he's 51.7 right now. tell me more about how swain is so good and picked top lane. oh swain is the 18th least picked champion in the game right now on op.gg. 139 champions. ivern is 139. swain is 122. aatrox 124 for comparison. swain is as popular as aatrox right now...

nobody plays quin. nobody plays vayne top. teemo is also pretty rare (which i find strange because i distinctly remember him being spammed pretty hard right when runes were introduced but i guess TANKS and MELEES dropped him out of favor. also aery got nerfed decently IIRC and he abused it hard). if your definition of "ranged ruining top lane" is these extremely rarely picked ranged champions you see maybe a few times a month, then you're obviously biased or have bad memory. sorry you saw swain 3 times this month...i saw maokai and camille/riven/yasuo 20 times this month so...

if anything ranged tops need to come back because NOBODY IS PLAYING THEM despite whatever story you're crafting here. you can cry ranged is frustrating top lane. and maybe they are. but guess what? you will almost never see them so you dont have an argument at all. and of all ranged you didnt even mention vlad who is in every game mid or top, 2x the champ swain will ever be, but you jump straight to swain xd

if anything i said is wrong, prove it. not with anecdotal evidence. with numbers or proof of all these rranged tops you claim you keep seeing.

K you're obviously salty. Lots of people take aery on Swain. I'm certainly not diamond but I see a ton of ranged tops along with tanks. Riven and Yas I assume are only played by one tricks right now because neither have a good keystone to replace fervor or warlords. I know Riven uses unsealed spellbook but it's no fervor. Camille is really the only good fighter up there right now.

User Info: Rob_Van_Dam93

Rob_Van_Dam93
3 months ago#18
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
BurritoGod posted...
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
BurritoGod posted...

WHAT RANGED? GNAR?

illaoi
mao
gnar (sure)
orn
riven
yasuo
nasus
gankplank
camille
vlad (ill give you)
akali
fiora
jayce (ill give you)
kled

Wtf?? Look at teemos play rate on Champion.gg all your numbers are there. Ranged champs are all over top lane. Vayne and Quinn are most certainly common in the top lane. You have no idea what you are talking about.
PSN:SS5DEJAN

User Info: Pogo_Marimo

Pogo_Marimo
3 months ago#19
Rawfury posted...
kaetokiha posted...
Rawfury posted...
Top picks

Nasus
Illaoi
Ornn
Gangplank
Maokai
Jayce

all champs that do absurd damage and barely have any bad matchups. Rough to play against...in normal circumstances too

If you think Illaoi has only good match ups, you really never played her. Illaoi has a TON of bad match ups and some of them will make her useless past lane phase.

A simple example...Singed. He is a horrible match up for her and most true Illaoi mains will tell you to just dodge the game if Singed is the opponent.

Others would be (not only those)...
Urgot
Jayce
Gnar
Quinn
Teemo
GP
Swain
Heimer
They aren't all unwinnable or must dodge (Karma is though), but they are certainly not a walk in the park. Gnar is skill match up. It can be very hard, but it can go either way, but Urgot is very hard to deal with cause his ult will just execute will when you get low which simply negates your healing from your ult.

I would dodge any game where i'm against a mage. Syndra, Vel, Azir, Lulu, Karma, Morgana, Malzahar...those are all AWFUL lanes and if the jungler doesn't come to help you (most of the time they don't) you are screwed in lane and they are much more useful to their team past lane phase, so yeah either your team carries you or you lose the game.

http://www.op.gg/champion/illaoi/statistics/top
11th /50 51.05%
Top Illaoi Win Rate

HeimerdingerWin Ratio43.98%Counter
KayleWin Ratio44.36% Counter
SwainWin Ratio45.95% Counter

Even against tough matchups she STILL has over a 40% winrate

Illaoi is strong and barely has bad matchups.

BurritoGod posted...

Also this

lmfao
// BEAUTY IS NOT LOVE - LOVE IS NOT MUSIC - MUSIC IS THE BEST - WISDOM IS THE DOMAIN OF THE WIZ--WHICH IS EXTINCT //
http://www.last.fm/user/Pogo92

BurritoGod
3 months ago#20
Rob_Van_Dam93 posted...
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
BurritoGod posted...
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
BurritoGod posted...

WHAT RANGED? GNAR?

illaoi
mao
gnar (sure)
orn
riven
yasuo
nasus
gankplank
camille
vlad (ill give you)
akali
fiora
jayce (ill give you)
kled

Wtf?? Look at teemos play rate on Champion.gg all your numbers are there. Ranged champs are all over top lane. Vayne and Quinn are most certainly common in the top lane. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I mean i wouldn't even say that Vayne and quinn are common but they're there. Teemo, swain, vlad, jayce, gnar, and urgot are though.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is top lane supposed to be fun?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived