How viable is Sona mid right now, my homies

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How viable is Sona mid right now, my homies

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
6 months ago#21
Other than - as has been mentioned - her mana costs going through the roof (seriously, 3-4 button presses and she's nearly oom), they nerfed the absolute f*** out of the damage on her blue passive. Gone are the days where she could get a lichbane and legit chunk a squishy for 2/3rds of their hp.

User Info: bossvinny

bossvinny
6 months ago#22
Bendetto posted...
bossvinny posted...
how do you plan on wave clear?

I mean... I play anivia so I am used to garbage waveclear until early game ends

let say the enemy has alot of seige, or something went wrong they get baron...
who wave clears? even after early game how does sona waveclear? she is not anivia who cannot be seige after 6
Fc 117780215154 eevee
IGN: Bossvinny

User Info: flamepillar

flamepillar
5 months ago#23
It's bad but if you do it take dark harvest :)RJ1771 posted...
Other than - as has been mentioned - her mana costs going through the roof (seriously, 3-4 button presses and she's nearly oom), they nerfed the absolute f*** out of the damage on her blue passive. Gone are the days where she could get a lichbane and legit chunk a squishy for 2/3rds of their hp.

Didn't they buff the ratio so that if you're playing full ap Sona the one shots are even stronger after ~300 ap? Yeah her mana costs feel awful though, especially since her heal costs 10000 mana and is completely negligible.. not to mention in mid lane you're cutting the heal/shield in half

RJ1771
5 months ago#24
flamepillar posted...

Didn't they buff the ratio so that if you're playing full ap Sona the one shots are even stronger after ~300 ap? Yeah her mana costs feel awful though, especially since her heal costs 10000 mana and is completely negligible.. not to mention in mid lane you're cutting the heal/shield in half

No, they nerfed her blue passive. Going full AP with a Lichbane doesn't work anymore. Used to hit like a freight train, now it hits like a wet noodle...compared to what it used to do, at least. :^)

User Info: flamepillar

flamepillar
5 months ago#25
RJ1771 posted...
flamepillar posted...

No, they nerfed her blue passive. Going full AP with a Lichbane doesn't work anymore. Used to hit like a freight train, now it hits like a wet noodle...compared to what it used to do, at least. :^)

I remember I saved a gif of a game where I one shot the enemy support (did ~1100 dmg with q+auto powerchord to a level 9 support lux) and this was with only one dedicated dmg item (lich bane) and all the mana regen items stacked with Athene's. Was before all the nerfs though

RJ1771
5 months ago#26
flamepillar posted...
RJ1771 posted...
flamepillar posted...

I remember I saved a gif of a game where I one shot the enemy support (did ~1100 dmg with q+auto powerchord to a level 9 support lux) and this was with only one dedicated dmg item (lich bane) and all the mana regen items stacked with Athene's. Was before all the nerfs though

Exactly. Before the nerfs she could absolutely vaporize squishies with her blue passive + Lichbane. If you were going full AP you could come close to one-shotting squishies.

But that was then, this is now. Now you use 3 spells and you're oom, and your blue passive + Lichbane does a fraction of what it used to.

User Info: Nemyar

Nemyar
5 months ago#27
RJ1771 posted...

They only nerfed the flat damage on her Q Aura's on-hit (from 20-60 down to 10-30) and buffed the AP scaling on it (from 0.2 to 0.3). So... she only need 300 AP to break even with her old damage :^)

Unless you mean her Q Power Chord going from 100% to 40%, yeah... that was pretty big drop.

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
5 months ago#28
i played as kassadin vs sona mid some time ago, that was hillarious

RJ1771
5 months ago#29
Nemyar posted...
Unless you mean her Q Power Chord going from 100% to 40%, yeah... that was pretty big drop.

That's what I was talking about when I said "blue passive". :^)

User Info: TCrinaleT

TCrinaleT
5 months ago#30
iAku posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2EUnSvBft4

Should probably get more mana sustain somewhere, being oom 70% of the game...I don't know man.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4596210/
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1356769
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How viable is Sona mid right now, my homies

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived