full life steal olaf top lane viability

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. full life steal olaf top lane viability

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
4 months ago#11
PDubs52 posted...
Seems like any strategy/build path that focuses on keeping Olaf's health HIGH is a bad choice on him. Right? I mean, unless you just want to soak damage - but there are PLENTY of better champs to do that.

No. He's very tanky after 6 and keeping his health high works just fine. When you ult and lose the passive armor and magic resist you get low usually but your lifesteal usually lets you kill the ADC or mid if not get out afterwards as well.
GT: WiestdaBeast

BurritoGod
4 months ago#12
Rookie_Jet posted...
BurritoGod posted...
DaHuddMan posted...
Do people build DD and PD on Olaf often or just tank with normal life steal like bork?

You can build deaths dance for sure. PD doesn't sound great on him to me but who knows.

Really? I was about to say I think they both fit with Olaf well in that he likes to fight at lower HP anyway and these help him survive those lower thresholds.

He doesn't really use a lot of crit or attack speed though believe it or not. The majority of his damage comes from Q and E. you only use W to keep you alive long enough for your E to come back up or to grab another axe.

User Info: Rookie_Jet

Rookie_Jet
4 months ago#13
BurritoGod posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
BurritoGod posted...
DaHuddMan posted...
Do people build DD and PD on Olaf often or just tank with normal life steal like bork?

You can build deaths dance for sure. PD doesn't sound great on him to me but who knows.

Really? I was about to say I think they both fit with Olaf well in that he likes to fight at lower HP anyway and these help him survive those lower thresholds.

He doesn't really use a lot of crit or attack speed though believe it or not. The majority of his damage comes from Q and E. you only use W to keep you alive long enough for your E to come back up or to grab another axe.

Yeah, but it helps you win against those people you can bait into a slap fight with you because you're low HP and they think they can finish you off. Also, AS lowers his E CD so it definitely seems helpful in those situations you're describing. Agreed that the crit is going to be underutilized though.

BurritoGod
4 months ago#14
Rookie_Jet posted...
BurritoGod posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
BurritoGod posted...
DaHuddMan posted...

Yeah, but it helps you win against those people you can bait into a slap fight with you because you're low HP and they think they can finish you off. Also, AS lowers his E CD so it definitely seems helpful in those situations you're describing. Agreed that the crit is going to be underutilized though.

Well like I said it doesn't really sound too great to me but maybe it is im not sure. Outside of low elo I doubt people try to slapfight Olaf unless they're Tryndamere or Warwick or something though.

EDIT: Olaf gets a bunch of attack speed for being low anyway which is why I don't think the attack speed from PD makes a big difference. Just building another tank item would be better imo.

User Info: Rookie_Jet

Rookie_Jet
4 months ago#15
BurritoGod posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
BurritoGod posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
BurritoGod posted...
DaHuddMan posted...

Well like I said it doesn't really sound too great to me but maybe it is im not sure. Outside of low elo I doubt people try to slapfight Olaf unless they're Tryndamere or Warwick or something though.

Probably true.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. full life steal olaf top lane viability

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived