Is Abyssal Mask a really good item?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is Abyssal Mask a really good item?

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
4 months ago#1
I literally never see anyone build this item ever, not even the AP bruisers/tanks it seems to be meant for. They'd all rather build Spirit Visage for some reason.

I don't know, i'm just looking at this item and it looks really good.
-decent spread out stats for health, mr, mana, cdr
-eternity passive
-10% more magic damage to the enemy champs around you, as an aura

This item just seems nuts if you're an AP tank like Maokai or Amumu who want to get in people's face and tank their damage while doing a good amount of their own. Plus, they'd be boosting their mid's damage.
LoL: Hipster Sora | Loves of my Life: Sora and Ezreal | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: MisterTellius

MisterTellius
4 months ago#2
Yes, it's so good. It drives me crazy when someone with no innate sustain like Sejuani buys Spirit Visage instead.

It has 100 less HP than Spirit Visage, but its ability to help kill before they kill you in addition to helping out all the magic damage on your team goes a long way. The Eternity passive will help make up for the lost HP. If your champ DOES have innate sustain then you should totes go SV though.

User Info: TheSaintG

TheSaintG
4 months ago#3
i build it on skarner and galio. after it was done in pro play people started building it on cass.
Deathnote is better than Deathnote

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
4 months ago#4
Yeah I could definitely see Zac never building this item unless he's against a full AP comp or something, and even Maokai should be building SV most times probably.
LoL: Hipster Sora | Loves of my Life: Sora and Ezreal | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
4 months ago#5
its terrible. more like abysmal mask.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: Motarcanus

Motarcanus
4 months ago#6
If you have Ornn on your team, the upgrade boosts the MR from 55 to 90

User Info: Ridelwofr

Ridelwofr
4 months ago#7
Plenty of people buy it.

User Info: Rajamic

Rajamic
4 months ago#8
Big-time MRes items have good versatility right now.

If you want AP, you have Banshee.
If you have strong healing, you can get Visage.
If you like AD a lot, there's Maw.
If you fall through all those cracks, Abyssal is probably exactly what you would want anyway.

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
4 months ago#9
I pretty much get it on every tank I play, especially if they deal mostly magic damage. It's also usually the only MR item I get on Rammus because it boosts the damage from both Cinderhulk and Thornmail as well.

User Info: jukester

jukester
4 months ago#10
PokemonYoutube posted...
I pretty much get it on every tank I play, especially if they deal mostly magic damage. It's also usually the only MR item I get on Rammus because it boosts the damage from both Cinderhulk and Thornmail as well.

His ult is still magic damage, right?
Me no Chinese spy. Why you ask that? Oh, just cause I good at math, you think I Chinese? It no work that way! ~ Cauchy
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is Abyssal Mask a really good item?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived