Why did Karthus players stop building Tear?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Why did Karthus players stop building Tear?

User Info: MK9_Prodigy

MK9_Prodigy
4 months ago#1
I was a Karthus OTP my first season of league and it was always Tear>RoA>Zhon/full AP

Even after Tear buffs is it not worth building anymore? I feel like Archangels+RoA is so good together for him. I'm doing the common build now (RoA->Liandries->Zhon/Situational) but I do miss having all that mana to work with.

I assume they stopped building it because it takes Karthus too long to do anything with the tear build now but since the buffs you can stack it much better.

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
4 months ago#2
Takes too long to stack.
A battle between Goku and any Yugioh protagonist ends in an infinite plot armor loop.

User Info: madcat7673

madcat7673
4 months ago#3
probably because of manaflow band
I do not support heterosexuality in any way.
https://puu.sh/voAq6/8e82e18df8.jpg

User Info: aHappySacka

aHappySacka
4 months ago#4
RoA gives enough mana so getting tear on top of that takes too long compared to getting other AP items, that being said Archangel's as a second item makes up the third most (and so on) most common builds according to op.gg.

And no don't be a moron and get Manaflow band instead of Ultimate Hat.
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/91NC0Cb.gifv

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
4 months ago#5
it's still a good option if you're confident you'll reach the endgame and need that power, and that not much will happen in lane. Like Karthus VS another long range clear mage, s***s just not happening there.
LoL: Hipster Sora | Loves of my Life: Sora and Ezreal | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 months ago#6
it's difficult to qualify the advantages of Archangels over RoA aside from Suicide Karthus builds.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
4 months ago#7
because they're trolling. tear stacking got buffed. theres no reason not to buy it plus it gives the disgusting shield that turns you into a tank for the 2 seconds it doesnt pop. you ever see cassios and karthus with that seraphs shield? you cant kill them once they activate it. it's like they have a GA.

buy what makes sense and what works as long as there's no other item that does it better. thats the only motto ive ever followed in any game ever. thornmail/seraphs swain, ohmwrecker naut, fcq brand mid. all op items but sheep want to cry and tell me im trolling because bjergsen didnt do it. well i got to d1 "trolling" so i guess ill keep doing it.

also i agree with sacka. get ultimate hat. i saw tobias take it too. he prob takes it on gp too.
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

User Info: TwoStrikes94

TwoStrikes94
4 months ago#8
obviously ultimate hat was designed for karthus

tear makes it so you do nothing for a large portion of the game

afking in lane is fine below diamond

and its fine some of the time above diamond because random chance luck will have it so your base damage ults still pick up kills and assists

but youre going to be unable to follow any roams, you will always be pushed to the turret, your opponent will always have kill pressure on you and their jungle will look to one shot you as well
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAQOiqKRg

User Info: TwoStrikes94

TwoStrikes94
4 months ago#9
but, if you make it to arcangels at some point in the game then you'll be a wrecking machine because its part of the max AP build and his R just got an AP ratio buff
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAQOiqKRg

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
4 months ago#10
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
because they're trolling. tear stacking got buffed. theres no reason not to buy it plus it gives the disgusting shield that turns you into a tank for the 2 seconds it doesnt pop. you ever see cassios and karthus with that seraphs shield? you cant kill them once they activate it. it's like they have a GA.

buy what makes sense and what works as long as there's no other item that does it better. thats the only motto ive ever followed in any game ever. thornmail/seraphs swain, ohmwrecker naut, fcq brand mid. all op items but sheep want to cry and tell me im trolling because bjergsen didnt do it. well i got to d1 "trolling" so i guess ill keep doing it.

also i agree with sacka. get ultimate hat. i saw tobias take it too. he prob takes it on gp too.

doubt he takes ult hat on gp.. as an aspiring gp main his ult is garbage for anything but helping teammates, clearing waves or saving yourself early on. later on it’s just used to zone or keep people in place for a barrel chain but it’s got a pretty low cd since you get 45% cdr by pretty much 10 min. manaflow is so much better imo.

as for karthus, if you don’t take ult hat you’re trolling
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Why did Karthus players stop building Tear?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived