Is it just me or does it seem like it's always the adc who builds worst?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is it just me or does it seem like it's always the adc who builds worst?

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
5 months ago#1
Just really dumb stuff like rushing Berserkers or Zeal items before any AD when you're not one of the few that can pull that off, getting Bloodthirster, overstacking on crit, getting double IE's (yes, this happened), or not getting Last Whisper early enough so they can't damage the tanks, or hell, not at all.

It's kinda tragic given adcs are the most gold-dependent class but they're the ones who misuse it.
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: TheSaintG

TheSaintG
5 months ago#2
Id rather my adc get last whisper early than not at all.but yea ive had way too many adcs rush zerkers and then blame the jungler/support
Deathnote is better than Deathnote

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
5 months ago#3
Is rushing IE as first item worse than berserkers?

With zerkers you at least to go zoom zoom but IE seems like it would technically be worse as the combination cost is steep and the bonus crit damage is not optimized until you build more crit.

Is there a worst item to rush first universally? Lets exclude rushing a JG item on a champ without smite who isnt jungling.

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
5 months ago#4
Bendetto posted...
Is rushing IE as first item worse than berserkers?

With zerkers you at least to go zoom zoom but IE seems like it would technically be worse as the combination cost is steep and the bonus crit damage is not optimized until you build more crit.

I've HEARD that if you're going IE you're better off getting the AD components then finishing a Zeal item first. ER not so much.

Is there a worst item to rush first universally? Lets exclude rushing a JG item on a champ without smite who isnt jungling.

For adcs? Bloodthirster, I've heard.
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: TheSaintG

TheSaintG
5 months ago#5
Bendetto posted...
Lets exclude rushing a JG item on a champ without smite who isnt jungling.

You cant even do this unless you have unsealed
Deathnote is better than Deathnote

User Info: Motarcanus

Motarcanus
5 months ago#6
I think most players (at least at my low elo) don't understand that 'itemizing well' has a big impact on how well they do and whether the team can win.

As for ADCs, the optimal early build path is easy to calculate, since most ADCs do their damage via their autos. ADCs start with 60AD and will creep towards 70 in the early game. So a BFS for 1300 can increase your DPS > 50%. To get a >50% increase of DPS through attack speed, you'd need 40% attack speed item -> that won't happen early game. So it's always more efficient to get an AD item first.

After you get one AD item (even a Pick Axe), then buying attack speed makes sense (the % increase DPS for more AD is less, since you have a higher AD now). Berserker's Greaves is actually the most efficient attack speed item early game: 1100 gold gives you +35%. Zeal costs a little less (1000) but only gets you 15% AS, balanced by give you crit. If you're in a lane matchup in which dodging skill shots is useful, then Zerkers not a bad buy.

You can get ahead of build errors (by your teammates) as early as champ select screen. If the enemy team is tanky, you can non-chalantly say "Tanky team; we'll need some Last Whispers by mid game". Usually in champ select, it's too early for them to get all pissy, so you'll often get some affirmation by your teammates. The situations I'll suggest build paths early in game is vs tanks, and vs healers ("will need Morello/Mortal Reminder's this game..."). I do this in ARAM games too.

After a game in which a player had no clue about builds, I'll often recommend they check out probuilds, since that shows item build order.

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
5 months ago#7
cookie cutter or random suboptimal crap every day

last whisper last vs 2 heavy tanks
zerkers rush
cull first item
components to several different full items

the works
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is it just me or does it seem like it's always the adc who builds worst?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived