So Varus is now two gay men in one body that's controlled by a Darkin bow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So Varus is now two gay men in one body that's controlled by a Darkin bow

User Info: Not_Endgame

Not_Endgame
4 months ago#51
https://i.imgur.com/E3IyyqD.png
Legitimately not Endgame
FC: 2680-9499-7448

User Info: audriuska12

audriuska12
4 months ago#52
Nemyar posted...
Out of all (138) champion, they have to pick the one who was already established to have a wife and children?

Well, Kass also had a daughter in the old lore (Malzahar used her as a human sacrifice in a ritual trying to open a Void portal... Riot hinted that she's alive somewhere in the Void and might come back as a new champion, but that line seems to have been dropped. Shame, really.)
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy?
Don't know, don't care.

User Info: T-Viral-X

T-Viral-X
4 months ago#53
Am I remembering wrong that Varus was somehow connected to Irelia?

Also this lore goes against all the...uh...artistic comics...I've read over the years.
huh
[~N~]

User Info: TerminusEdge

TerminusEdge
4 months ago#54
T-Viral-X posted...

Also this lore goes against all the...uh...artistic comics...I've read over the years.

Varus was never connected to anyone before Kayn's release confirmed him to be in some way a Darkin. Literally, he had no friends or rivals or anything listed in his lore ever.

His story was just... there. A guy in some corner of Ionia whose family was killed because he chose to keep watch over the evil pit thing instead of protecting them, then let the evil thing out anyway out of despair that his family died.
SW-7303-4236-3720

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
4 months ago#55
TerminusEdge posted...
T-Viral-X posted...

Varus was never connected to anyone before Kayn's release confirmed him to be in some way a Darkin. Literally, he had no friends or rivals or anything listed in his lore ever.

His story was just... there. A guy in some corner of Ionia whose family was killed because he chose to keep watch over the evil pit thing instead of protecting them, then let the evil thing out anyway out of despair that his family died.

Ahri was like that for years until Xayah and Rakan came out and now she's basically still like that because her personal journey has no reason to intersect with anybody.
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
4 months ago#56
GreatWhiteNorth posted...
Everyone crying about prejudice, and "whatever" lives matter, and why is blank not represented?... Preached by useless, parasitic people who just want others to fight their battle while they sit at their computers and complain how bad they have it!

Only ones I'm seeing "crying" here is you. Sheesh, so they made Varus gay in his new lore, why are you having a meltdown over this?
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
4 months ago#57
PokemonYoutube posted...
Nemyar posted...
Out of all (138) champion, they have to pick the one who was already established to have a wife and children?

Yeah, it's a little jarring.

Especially because they could've easily worked the Darkin into his lore by just saying that the nondescript power that corrupted him was the Darkin. Nothing else needed to be changed.

To be honest, that could have been more interesting. Kind of a reverse Kayn, where he accepts the Darkin so long as it lets him get his vengeance
A battle between Goku and any Yugioh protagonist ends in an infinite plot armor loop.

User Info: LowFatSardine

LowFatSardine
4 months ago#58
Yeah, okay, two Gays in one body. That's cool and all but why isn't a Carly Rae Jepsen song playing instead of that hot garbage for this?

User Info: dotsdfe

dotsdfe
4 months ago#59
I'm fine with it because Varus's old lore was stupid. There was just some magic evil something that made him kinda evil because he was mad. It had nothing to do with anything or any other character.

If they're doing a full lore rework, fine, make him gay. I don't really care either way, but his old lore was s***ty and at least this makes him feel more like part of the overall world.
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.

User Info: LowFatSardine

LowFatSardine
4 months ago#60
PokemonYoutube posted...
Nemyar posted...

Yeah, it's a little jarring.

Especially because they could've easily worked the Darkin into his lore by just saying that the nondescript power that corrupted him was the Darkin. Nothing else needed to be changed.

Y'all just mad because realistically married men with families stay f***ing other men on the downlow lol xd
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So Varus is now two gay men in one body that's controlled by a Darkin bow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived