any advice for a situation with a bad (player) friend

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. any advice for a situation with a bad (player) friend

User Info: sereneflood

sereneflood
5 months ago#11
Your friend is low plat thats already 90% better than everyone else who plays this game stop being so elitist. I have bronze 5 friends I play with all the time because you know thats what friends do.
MH Tri : Ender Hr 148

User Info: KajeI

KajeI
5 months ago#12
Have you tried beating his ass so hard and consistently (in game) that he can't possibly deny it and still claim to be a reasonable human being?
Look, i can name a few instances in MY life where i tried to reach mutual understanding
and i can TELL you, always faster and easier to just kill em. Just is!

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
5 months ago#13
KajeI posted...
Have you tried beating his ass so hard and consistently (in game) that he can't possibly deny it and still claim to be a reasonable human being?

I beat his ass in 1v1 ton of times, however he just chalks it up to me being too good, then plays some gold flexq with riven, does okay and thinks he's a "solid riven for that level", when he can't even beat my riven in a mirror matchup, and i'm trash at riven. I really ought to play riven vs his darius if i can get him to accept that. Even without fast Q she should just take a huge dump on him lvl 6 as it is now, and any actual riven main should make a mincemeat of the matchup.

sereneflood posted...
Your friend is low plat thats already 90% better than everyone else who plays this game stop being so elitist. I have bronze 5 friends I play with all the time because you know thats what friends do.

I_love_SunnyD posted...
Just the way you wrote out this post I assume your approach in talking to him is kind of douchey.

Which is never going to get you anywhere. I wouldn't listen to what you had to say either if you talked the way you do in that post.

If you don't know how to give advice to your friends without offending them I think you have bigger problems than League of Legends.

He's been low silver when i found him several months ago and i helped him a ton to get better already, and i'm always tactful with him ingame. I'm not being elitist but it hurts when he calls my main stupid and strong when he's bad, and tries to forbid me to call him weak, out of completely delusional reasons. It's just that most people have trouble being objective and honest to themselves.

User Info: Ya_dun_goofed

Ya_dun_goofed
5 months ago#14
Doulou posted...
Typically speaking most my friends are self-aware to know when they are playing well and that they are bad on their off-roles.

same, idk what to say about this guy other than he should probably just play katarina all roles and call it a day.

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
5 months ago#15
Skystrike70 posted...
want me to crap on him so you can show him a silver player can even beat his riven?

I'd love to see the results of this.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
5 months ago#16
kkeevv posted...
Skystrike70 posted...
want me to crap on him so you can show him a silver player can even beat his riven?

I'd love to see the results of this.

i also just remembered twfanatic is not NA so his friend likely is not either but im down to 1v1 anybody else if they want
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. any advice for a situation with a bad (player) friend

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived