0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. 0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

User Info: Doulou

Doulou
1 year ago#11
scar the 1 posted...
Doulou posted...
Every bot game you played was a complete waste of time.

Not true. Bot games are great for practicing CSing, combos, etc.

It is true because cs vs bots is nothing like cs vs people. It only takes 2 games to learn how to aa a minion under no pressure.

Combos? Once again best practiced ingame.

And what else did u want to say? Dont say etc to imply you had anythimg more to offer.

Keep your 500 elo advice at the door. Playing bot games is a complete time waste as it teaches you nothing useful. Id make a single exception... one game for every time you play a champ for the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXbHOONFEprHi7LZqEaUPyA Jax Smurf Commentary

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 year ago#12
yeah bots are pretty much useless in every way. they don't act like people, and at your level can even seem difficult because they know how to perfectly CC chain when grouped.

Just finish your placements. Most people get silver their first time, and that at least nets you some reward.
LoL: Hipster Sora | Loves of my Life: Sora and Ezreal | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
1 year ago#13
Doulou posted...
It is true because cs vs bots is nothing like cs vs people. It only takes 2 games to learn how to aa a minion under no pressure.

Combos? Once again best practiced ingame.

And what else did u want to say? Dont say etc to imply you had anythimg more to offer.

Keep your 500 elo advice at the door. Playing bot games is a complete time waste as it teaches you nothing useful. Id make a single exception... one game for every time you play a champ for the first time.

Ohhh what a sick bazinga. Tell me more about how operationalizing inputs is a complete waste of time, buddy. And see if you can muster the intellectual integrity to not attack my rank.
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
1 year ago#14
Here's the thing. After only playing bot games you have literally no idea how to play this game. That's the truth. When I first started playing I had probably 50 normal games completed when I hit ranked and I still had no idea how to play the game. I knew how to move my champ and use his abilities but that's it. I didn't really know the ins and outs of the game. I got placed bronze 1 with decently high mmr (a hidden number) through luck. I was gaining 30 LP for winning and only losing 10 LP for losing. I thought to myself "how can anyone be stuck in bronze? You get 3 times the amount for winning as you do for losing". After about 100 games I was bronze 5. My mmr was terrible and I gained about 15 LP per win and lost 25 per loss. Your mmr determines how fast you climb and you don't want to trash it like I did or else it's a grind to get anywhere.

My suggestion is to play AT LEAST 200 normal games before you even set foot in ranked and to study the game. Pratice CSing, learn trading, learn warding, learn which objectives to prioritize, learn every champ and their abilities, and learn items.
GT: WiestdaBeast

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
1 year ago#15
Doulou posted...
It only takes 2 games to learn how to aa a minion under no pressure.

You're seriously overestimating rookies in this game. It takes them several bot games to just learn how much damage their AAs and skills deal to minions or how they should manage minion HP when farming under turret. Not taking into account other basic skills like flashing correctly over walls, not taking turret aggro, etc.

Bots are perfect for beginners to learn the basic mechanics. Not everyone has a PC gaming background, especially for this game, since it's free and any PC can run it.

@ao_bomber I would suggest not going anywhere near Ranked for the time being. Go to Normals, play every single champion in the Free Rotation and buy the ones that click with you. Cheaper champions are preferred, since you can buy several of them.

The Rune and Mastery systems are getting completely replaced, so just get these two basic pages:

For Attack Damage Champions: AD Reds, Armor Yellows, Magic Resist Blues and Attack Speed Quints.

For Ability Power champions: Magic Penetration Reds, Armor Yellows, Magic Resist Blues and AP Quints.

Play Normals until you have at least 2 or 3 champions for each role that you feel comfortable playing.
"Anything that comes out of Annie that you try and spread on toast just gets you arrested"
PSN: LightningLoops - LoL(LAN): Scaler

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
1 year ago#16
scar the 1 posted...
Doulou posted...

sandbox is infinitely better for those things you mentioned

bots are only good for maybe trying skill shots and that's a stretch because sandbox does the same thing
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
1 year ago#17
CrowsB4Hoes posted...

bots are only good for maybe trying skill shots and that's a stretch because sandbox does the same thing

As someone who has over 1000 bot games played in my League career, this is true. I go to the sandbox mode to practice csing, champion combos, etc.

Bots are still valuable to newer players, though. They can grab the first win of the day bonus (really important when you need to unlock over 100 champions) while trying out free week champs and practicing CSing. As a straight up practice method, bots are inferior to the practice mode. The IP from a first win bot game can add up, though.

TC, I would stop playing ranked for now. You're just going to ruin your MMR and make it harder for yourself in the long run. As you start to improve, you'll be frustrated by the things your teammates are doing, especially when you can recognize the mistakes but can't overcome them on your own. Play more normal games for now. They're pretty meh for a while after you've hit level 30, but they even out and you'll more often than not play with people of comparable skill. Play norms and practice CSing/trading/etc. for a while longer before jumping back into ranked.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: hawkeye2188

hawkeye2188
1 year ago#18
I hope you haven't only been playing bot games since January. If that's the case, you need to slow your roll and jump into normals and break any bad habits you have been practicing the last 10 months.

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
1 year ago#19
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
scar the 1 posted...
Doulou posted...

Yeah, sandbox is pretty nice. If you're ambitious enough, directed sandbox efforts pay off way quicker than playing vs bots.
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.

User Info: GranzonEx

GranzonEx
1 year ago#20
Normals can be harder than bronze
2 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. 0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived