0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. 0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

User Info: ao_bomber

ao_bomber
6 months ago#1
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=ZYL5

People said ranked is the best place to improve. But it still feels like I don't belong in even Bronze 5.... I've never done any serious play before now (I only started playing this game back in Jan 2017).

Yet AI games are far too easy now, and unranked matches are hit or miss since it seems anyone can get matched in them (also smurfs). So I don't know if there's anything I can fall back on to better my game.

I was Garen top vs Teemo and Annie vs Xerath and both games were just me getting crushed and my teammates getting mad.

I was dipping my feet into rank mainly for the end of season stuff, but my poor performance is really making me anxious to do the rest of my placement games. I want to improve but this is really discouraging.

Any advice?
3DS FC: 3368-6273-3978 (ZYL5) ## https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/SJia
FE:Fates MyCastle: 18174-28906-95823-70845

User Info: KeiHazuki99

KeiHazuki99
6 months ago#2
Learn how to CS properly in AI games.

Aim for at least 120cs before 20 minutes.

User Info: Nightmare_Luna

Nightmare_Luna
6 months ago#3
KeiHazuki99 posted...
Learn how to CS properly in AI games.

Aim for at least 120cs before 20 minutes.

120? wtf kind of lowball number is that? aim for 150 at a bare minimum. some games you wont get to that and that's okay, but you should at least try
"That's not a character, that's a set of bondage gear that can cast Ice 2."
Vento Aureo 469

ao_bomber
6 months ago#4
What about champions, keep trying to learn as Annie?

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
6 months ago#5
Annie sucks right now. The Tibbers cast delay nerf was brutal. Learn something simple if you want to play mid something like Morgana or Lux are ok right now. Tristana or Sivir bot are easy. Yi jungle. Garen top is ok but Mundo and Singed are easy too. Janna support.

All of these are easy to learn and pick up and play. I feel at low elo adc is the easiest to learn because positioning isn't as important because you're unlikely to get punished for misplays because everyone sucks that's why they're low elo. Failing that. Pick a role and find 2/3 champs you enjoy playing and just main that. Flex picks can be huge. Galio/Jayce.
User ID: 4002777

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
6 months ago#6
Champion pick really doesn't matter in bronze. Pick what you like, practice CSing. Focus on CS and staying alive.
EDIT: Additionally, get a habit of constantly glancing at the minimap.
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.

User Info: Doulou

Doulou
6 months ago#7
Normals have their own mmr so dont worry about smurfs.

Play 1000 normal games and choose a role to main and 3 champs max.

Learn what every champ does along the way.

Right now playing vs bots makes you equal to bronze v.... it's pointless. Every bot game you played was a complete waste of time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXbHOONFEprHi7LZqEaUPyA Jax Smurf Commentary

ao_bomber
6 months ago#8
5tarscream posted...
Annie sucks right now. The Tibbers cast delay nerf was brutal. Learn something simple if you want to play mid something like Morgana or Lux are ok right now. Tristana or Sivir bot are easy. Yi jungle. Garen top is ok but Mundo and Singed are easy too. Janna support.

All of these are easy to learn and pick up and play. I feel at low elo adc is the easiest to learn because positioning isn't as important because you're unlikely to get punished for misplays because everyone sucks that's why they're low elo. Failing that. Pick a role and find 2/3 champs you enjoy playing and just main that. Flex picks can be huge. Galio/Jayce.

Well my favorite champs at the moment are Warwick, Vlad, and Brand. I also like ADCs such as Tristana, Jhin, and MF, but I prefer the other three.

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
6 months ago#9
Doulou posted...
Every bot game you played was a complete waste of time.

Not true. Bot games are great for practicing CSing, combos, etc.
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.

User Info: AllGodsDie

AllGodsDie
6 months ago#10
5tarscream posted...

No, no, no.

Annie is amazing for low elo players. I had a friend go from hardstuck low silver to d5. Annie is great to learn. Her weaknesses don't get abused till high plat/diamond. She is a great champ because the margin of error on her is much lower. Her last hitting is super easy, her stun mechanic is easy to understand and her burst isn't complex or easy to fudge up. Also LOL at recommending picks like Jayce to bronze players...don't listen to this guy. No one below plat should be playing Jayce if they intend to climb. The margin of error is too high on such a champ, stick to easy champs with less mistakes possible. That will help you get better. Focus on mechanics once you aren't a bronze/silver pleb. Right now your focus should be getting out of the prison yard.
Steam/PSN-Allgodsdie
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. 0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived