• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Firewall error... anyone know how to fix?

User Info: supershadonic

supershadonic
5 years ago#1
Error message says something like "Could not connect to the server, a firewall may be blocking the connection blah blah" then its retry or cancel... retry never works but after continuous 4 or 5 tries sometimes am able to connect to matches and come late.

I did everything LoL support mentioned too.

-Disabled peer to peer sharing.
-Opened all LOL ports relative to my server in router settings.
-Disabled windows firewall after including all LOL exes in its exception list.
-Disabled my regular anti-virus.
-Disabled Router firewall even.
-Totally brand new installed LOL.
-Fixed things like making LOL run as administrator etc.

No luck still... been having this problem since like 2 weeks. Havn't played a regular game lately either. Last games were 2 games as Ahri, one I came late with me being under leveled with my team ultimately losing due to me and other game I also came late but somehow managed to do a comeback and win.

User Info: Ava_Balthier

Ava_Balthier
5 years ago#2
I've been having the problem since hecarim release. Really isn't a fix, Riot told me to direct plug my computer into my modem but I can't do that, maybe you can.
welcome to the world of online gaming, where nobody is your friend, and your friends, yeah they hate you too.

User Info: StrategyWikiped

StrategyWikiped
5 years ago#3
Ava_Balthier posted...
I've been having the problem since hecarim release. Really isn't a fix, Riot told me to direct plug my computer into my modem but I can't do that, maybe you can.

This, if that doesn't work: reformat.

User Info: Darkemaste

Darkemaste
5 years ago#4
This happened to me earlier today, and I was playing just fine yesterday.

There was no patch/update and firewall exceptions were still in place, so it couldn't of been something wrong with my firewall.

The first time it happened to me just I just completely turned off my firewall and kept clicking "try again" for 10 minutes or so to no avail.
So I simply ended LoL through the task manager, turned my firewall back on, and logged back in with no issues what so ever.

So now every time I get that message, I just restart the client and can manage to play anyways.
Dern buggy client fooling people into messing with their firewall settings.
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.

User Info: supershadonic

supershadonic
5 years ago#5
Already tried direct and both undirect modem connections. No avail. Plz help. Havnt played since like 2 weeks. Bump.

User Info: Darkemaste

Darkemaste
5 years ago#6
Yeah I'm still not sure it's entirely a firewall error.
Take a look at the common stuck at 33/99% during an update bug, thats caused by certain firewalls with outbound protection blocking LoL because during a patch new files/folders are written to the installation directory and it is impossible to make exceptions for them as their directory did not exist prior to the patch.

Basically, I'm fairly certain if your firewall really was blocking connections from the LoL client that you would not of been able to get to the log-in screen in the first place.

What you could do is just simply temporarily uninstall any firewall, (and perhaps install of a different one afterwards) if you still get the same error message with no firewall in place/installed than that pretty much proves it isn't really a firewall related issue.

Actually, I would like to know what firewall software you are using and if it is currently up to date along with Windows.
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.

User Info: Masta Blasta

Masta Blasta
5 years ago#7
I have this problem now as well. I turned the firewall off and restarted the computer and then tried to connect. After I connected I turned the firewall back on and it works alright until it happens again.
Ay yo b. Lemme get a extra water.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7782/120339849739sn8.gif
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Firewall error... anyone know how to fix?
  • Topic Archived