• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. smartcast vs smartcast with range indicator
shadyelf 9 years ago#1
So until today I've been using normal but shift to smart cast. Now my shift key keeps falling off so I wanna go to smartcast. The range indicator is a bit easier but seems a tiny bit slower.

what you guys think?
?
KrKABUT0 9 years ago#2
Smartcast with range indicators may be slower but it's sooo much better being able to see the range on all your skills. I can understand not needing range indicators if you mained only like 3 champions but no one does.
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
gfshynobl 9 years ago#3
on lux i use range indicator and orianna.
Africabot
_HeX 9 years ago#4
How is it slower? The ability comes out instantly unless you hold down the key, just like smartcast without range indicators.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Raymond 9 years ago#5
Get to learn the range of your champ and smartcast without the indicator.

In LoL, even one second is eternity. You will want to jump off the building because you take 0.4 extra second to cast your ability and give first blood
Lilb77 9 years ago#6
I play with range indicators on almost every champ, feels so much better, sure theres an delay because you need to press to see the range, but i got used to it, and i cant even notice the delay anymore, when i need to use a quick spell i just tap the button.

One of the few champions that range indicators sucks is Ezreal because it feels so weird to arcane shift with range indicators, and I'm used to mystic shot range, so i dont need range indicators at all.
Raymond 9 years ago#7
If you need a range indicator, you can just press QWER and click on a target. Having range indicator defeats the purpose of smartcast.
ObsceneGestures 9 years ago#8
Raymond posted...
If you need a range indicator, you can just press QWER and click on a target. Having range indicator defeats the purpose of smartcast.

Not really. You can simply press and release if you don't need the indicator. It doesn't slow you down at all, unless when you "press" a key you hold it for a second before you release it.
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
Raymond 9 years ago#9
ObsceneGestures posted...
Raymond posted...

Not really. You can simply press and release if you don't need the indicator. It doesn't slow you down at all, unless when you "press" a key you hold it for a second before you release it.

That's not what happened when I tried selfcast, I had to press it twice.
Diorte 9 years ago#10
I wish Riot would give you the option to show range indicators of your individual spells, and they could look like Eve's stealth circle so they're not obnoxious.
What will become of our logarithmic exponential autonomous interferometry?
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. smartcast vs smartcast with range indicator
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A