Gonna start playing ranked games, but how do I best choose a hero to fit team?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Gonna start playing ranked games, but how do I best choose a hero to fit team?

User Info: hukevi

hukevi
7 years ago#1
I mean, there are a handful of characters I am good at, but how would I know which to use in what situation to balance my team? Obviously, if there isn't a tank, I will tank. Otherwise, I normally only make sure that we have an equal amount of AD/AP champions, but I'm thinking maybe I should consider balancing ranged with melee too.

I mean, I don't want to really limit myself to only playing my best three, Shen (tank), Vlad (AP), and MF (ranged AD), Xin Zhao (melee AD) but I do want to win.
---

User Info: hukevi

hukevi
7 years ago#2
^*best four
---

User Info: Ragvald

Ragvald
7 years ago#3
Shen is always a good choice.

The best team comp for me seems to be:
Tank
Jungle
Support
AP
AD

Atleast one person should be ranged.

Learn to play a jungler well (Shaco, WW, Etc) and a support well (Soraka, Janna, Zilean, Taric) and you'll help your team a lot... or just play Vlad and win everygame by carrying your team.
When I was just a young boy, my father told me son, don't you go to bel air or the devils work be done.

User Info: The Hye Circus

The Hye Circus
7 years ago#4
Go for crowd control. Non-squishy crowd control. You need to be able to slow, stun, taunt, etc. If you are going to be a squishy, you better be able to help in a teamfight without dying, because if you start dying, the game is probably over.

That's really all it is.
"Cats are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well" -Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: mattislegion

mattislegion
7 years ago#5
It doesn't matter what you pick.

Because your teammates will feed. Every game.

Winning ranked depends on one thing and one thing only. Not getting teammates that feed, and going against enemies that do.
"When you asked for light I set myself on fire."

User Info: Paperblade

Paperblade
7 years ago#6
It doesn't matter what you pick.

Because your teammates will feed. Every game.

Winning ranked depends on one thing and one thing only. Not getting teammates that feed, and going against enemies that do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrF5x1OSJuQ
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest

User Info: andrew000000

andrew000000
7 years ago#7
Expect to be the tank 90% of the time.
Expect to be a jungler 90% of the time.
Expect to be a jungling tank 99% of the time.
Expect Shen to be banned 50% of the time.
Expect to pick a backup tank like singed or cho and have teammates rage and tell you said champ is not a tank.
Expect teammates to rage at you for not ganking while they push to the tower and get ganked.
Expect people to say "We need wards" but not buy any themselves.
Expect teammates to blame you for feeding when you have a score like 1-4-13
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Gonna start playing ranked games, but how do I best choose a hero to fit team?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived