• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: HaoRichardWang

9 years ago#1

Should I wait for this to come out in NA, or should I just get Pikmin 1 for the Wii? I don't have any GameCube controllers, and I don't intend on buying any - I prefer to stick with the Wii controllers - too many prepherials already. If I like one of these games, I'll get Pikmin 3 - but I'm not sure which one to get.

User Info: Matthew419

9 years ago#2
same here.
Name:Matthew , FC:0173-5496-7817 , Town:Wii (capital i's)
SMBB fc: 2492-3780-5802

User Info: Aqlex239

8 years ago#3
Um, well, Pikmin 2 is an improvement on Pikmin 1 in every way, and it's much longer and comes with multiplayer and other features, so it would be a better idea to go for that, but if you want, Pikmin 1 is already well balanced and fun, if a bit short, and you could get that if you don't want to wait. I think if you end up playing them, you might end up buying them all because they are really good games.

User Info: greenpickle

8 years ago#4
I started with Pikmin 2, and then getting the first game was definitely a step down in almost every way. As mentioned above, it has more modes, Challenge Mode is much longer and better, the story mode is a lot longer and more varied, with so many more enemies and music and...things; and the gameplay is much more smooth: in the first, things take more time and Pikmin aren't as clever, which I don't really like.
*In dromedary-like state of readiness*
My site: greenpickle.co.cc

User Info: kirbymastah

8 years ago#5
though pikmin 2 is better than pikmin 1 (sans time limit, which really emphasizes strategy/multi-tasking), they're both excellent games in their own right.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived