• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
  3. So I've Hardly Ever Played Rail Shooters...

User Info: Prankman

Prankman
10 years ago#1
...aside from Starfox 64, and Gradius games, if those count. Gradius, while fun, is back-breakingly difficult at times, almost enough to turn me off from playing it, but not quite. For reference, I've played the arcade versions, not the console versions.

Would I still be able to enjoy this game? I've heard nothing but good things about it, and could use a nice challenge. After playing tons of Kingdom Hearts, I need a game to just blast some stuff. Is this game for me?

Prankman
10 years ago#2
I need a response really soon.

User Info: MetroidSuperfan

MetroidSuperfan
10 years ago#3
I would think you'd be able to enjoy this. It's an excellent challenge, though certainly nowhere near as hard as arcade Gradius.
"It does not prove a thing to be right because the majority say it is so" - Schiller

Prankman
10 years ago#4
'I would think you'd be able to enjoy this. It's an excellent challenge, though certainly nowhere near as hard as arcade Gradius.'

Sounds like just the thing I need right now! Especially after trying to beat arcade Gradius III... The keyword there is 'trying'. I'll be sure and pick this up! I don't need to play the N64 game first though, right? I mean, I might as well at some point anyway since it's on the Virtual Console, but yeah.

User Info: bjlfo

bjlfo
10 years ago#5
No, you don't need to play the first one. Not only is the story both unimportant and weakly connected, but even the mechanics are pretty different (you're no longer locked down to the ground, for a start) although the first one is still a great game.
  1. Boards
  2. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
  3. So I've Hardly Ever Played Rail Shooters...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A