• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: devilsnight

devilsnight
5 years ago#1
I played through this version of Shining in the Darkness and thought I'd pass along a trick. Near the end of the game, you can fight Crystal Ooze enemies in groups of 1 to 7. Each is worth 30,000 XP. If you have an item that can wipe them out in one hit (like an Earth Hammer, Forbidden Box, or Ogre Flute), give it to Pyra. When the battle starts, go to the Options screen and save the game.

Use your Crystal Ooze-killing item, and wait until the battle is completely over. If your item cracks, reload your game and try again. If the item doesn't crack, Save your game.

I was able to use the Earth Hammer over 50 times against Crystal Oozes using this tactic, and I didn't have to leave the Labyrinth and walk all the way back to where the Oozes spawn.

You can use this same method with other breakable items, like the Magic Ring. Save before you use the item, reload the game if it cracks, and Save again after using the item without it cracking.
What? Shir is gone?

User Info: ZillionKiller

ZillionKiller
5 years ago#2
Pretty cool exploit there. Gotta love being able to use save states.

Side note: your sig came from Phantasy star, right?
PSN ID : JasperGuitar

User Info: devilsnight

devilsnight
5 years ago#3
Yep, it came from Phantasy Star II. The game that got me hooked on RPGs for life.
What? Shir is gone?
  • Topic Archived