You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
  3. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection FAQ [PLEASE READ BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD]

User Info: btaylorstl

btaylorstl
9 years ago#31
Blame Backbone Entertainment. They claim it's because of "tight development times" and that putting the required work into doing so would mean "dropping several titles from the collection altogether," specifically the unlockable Arcade and Master System games. Apparently it would have taken a ton of time and effort to do this:

unsigned char ROM[0×400000]; // 4 MB ROM buffer.
FILE *sk = f open(”sonic_and_knuckles.bin”, “rb”); // open the Sonic & Knuckles ROM
fread(&ROM[0], 1, 0×200000, sk);
fclose(sk);
FILE *s3 = f open(”sonic_3.bin”, “rb”); // open the Sonic 3 ROM
fread(&ROM[0×200000], 1, 0×200000, sk);
fclose(s3);

That's pretty misleading. It's not difficult to open the ROM files, of course, which is what you're showing here. But that only means anything if the emulator is coded in a way that supports the functionality of the tech involved in the lock-on mechanism. It's not like they literally have the Genesis hardware in the PS3.

So it's perfectly possible that the time they may have spent on adding this functionality to the emulator may have precluded them from adding the additional content. The emulator was most likely coded specifically for this collection, which means that it's not as "general purpose" as the long-standing freeware emus typically are.
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/28/06
(message deleted)

User Info: neo_412

neo_412
5 years ago#33
I just ran into this so maybe it should be integrated, I can confirm that if you have a mic plugged into your ps3 it'll mute the sound in game, unplug it you're good.
Perfec'!

User Info: Herrix

Herrix
2 years ago#34
I have a question about Golden Axe: it says that you gain extra power and techniques in Arcade upon completing Duel, but I don't see what they mean when I play Arcade. Does beating all 12 rounds actually help in the main game at all?
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
  3. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection FAQ [PLEASE READ BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD]