• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
  3. just curious... why did they remove hakushon daimaou?

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
10 years ago#1
i dont know who the guy is... but why did they remove him from this remake?

apparently, from what i read, he isnt gonna be in the japanese version of this remake, either... so... whats goin on?

just seems odd, is all...
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
10 years ago#2
licensing issues
they couldn't reach a agreement with the company that owns the rights to him for the american version so they had to remove him and will remove him from the japanese re-releae
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
10 years ago#3
From what i've heard the rights holder that got greedy is from Italy, not the USA.
No More Heroes

User Info: Psycho_Kirby

Psycho_Kirby
10 years ago#4
His show was aired in Italy a long time ago, and the Italian rights-holders wouldn't give the license.

He's out from the American and Japanese versions too because the game has worldwide online. If someone playing the European version is playing against someone in America/Japan and that second person picks Daimao, the game would probably crash. You could argue that they can just leave the Daimao data on the disk but make it impossible to play as him, but even that could be seen as potential copyright infringement.
Read my writing!
http://ranthonymahan.blogspot.com/

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
10 years ago#5
i said the american version of the game because they didn't have any problems until they decided to release the game over here
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
10 years ago#6
god, why is it, outside of japan... everything is spread out to different owners?

im surprised we get ANY crossover games, really...
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo

User Info: Shed_a_Ninja

Shed_a_Ninja
10 years ago#7
You are surprised we got any crossover? What about this freaking game?!?
Ingame they are all the same hype and nobody gripes about it.~SoaringDive; regarding character height in NSMBW

User Info: DLOArceus

DLOArceus
10 years ago#8
Really....this time i'm not proud of being Italian......
  1. Boards
  2. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
  3. just curious... why did they remove hakushon daimaou?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A