• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Zero
  3. Grants or Megid?

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
6 months ago#1
I got a LV98 FOmarl. Enjoyed playing with her.

However I have seen folks say in past threads say Megid/Gimegid is the ultimate spell of course particularly cast from a FOnewearl. For which the latter has the best MST potential in the game.

FOmarl does best FOnewn though in MST potential only because of the Human 100 material consumption advantage. If you have both of them eating up Mind Material which is the practical thing to do with any Force (if not, its your game, do what you want. LoL) it will end up like:

FOnewn - Max LV MST 484+80 Mind Material = 564 MST at LV100
FOmarl - Max LV MST 466+100 Mind Material = 566 MST at LV 100

FOmarl beats out FOnewn by 2 measly points in MST potential, but a win is a win right? LoL

FOnewn will still beat out a FOmarl in all tech nukage except Grants. Plus one has to like that TP regeneration to. :D I use both of these Character types. My FOnewn is LV86. He getting up there.

I like my FOmarl way better due to weapon selection, and the FOnewn has the worse melee accuracy of all classes. Even with 4 Divine Hit units its still a struggle. The FOnewn is strictly a cast blast character. FOmarl has greater flexibility and still a great nuke character. :D

Still to my question. Grants is supposed to be the best nuke as far as raw damage potential. Megid is great to on top of the poison status it may inflict to.

Honestly I use techs that is suitable for the stage. For instance I only have Foie loaded in the Snowfields, Barta in the Valley, Zonde in the Wetlands etc etc. To me its not a matter of which tech is the best, but what is more suitable for the moment. Folks love Megid though? My Fomarl be wrecking shop especially in the Ruins, Plant, and second half the last stage.

Gimme some feedback folks. :)

{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
6 months ago#2
Megid is great because Gimegid groups up enemies, which makes them easier to smash with a Celeb Lv5 wand using Magical Sign PA.

Something to note about Forces in PSZ is that, like in PSO, each one has specific tech types they're stronger with.

• FOmar gets like +20% to Foie/Barta/Zonde
  • FOmarl gets like +25% to Resta and +30% to Grants
  • FOnewm gets like +15% to all attack magic, but -25% to Resta heals
  • FOnewearl gets like +25% to Resta heals and +30% to Megid

...Something along those lines, anyway. So base stats matter a bit less, depending on which types of magic you instead to spam most.

Gimegid + Magical Sign spam tends to have the biggest output in terms of general usage magic damage, which makes FOnewearl (who not only has highest base MST, but also big bonus to Megid damage, and passive PP regen) easily the strongest general nuker. FOnewearl also gets access to one of the strongest armors in the game, Rika's Suit, as well, which definitely helps its survivability.

FOmarl tends to be more support-oriented, while FOmar is more of a combat-flexible mage (as they don't have that bad of ATA, and can use a lot of the Mechguns too). FOnewm is easily the most flexible in terms of magic nuking, between its high MST, passive PP regen, and slight bonus to all attack spells, but can't support very well in part to reduced Resta effectiveness.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Switch: SW-3337-1639-7884
Discord link: https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb | ''I reject your wit and substitute my own.'' - guwa

beatumdown
6 months ago#3
Thanks for the Feedback. :)

So basically Gimegid regardless if the targets are resistant to dark damage (like enemies in the second 1/2 of the Dark Shrine) or not the Black Hole tractor beam effect is the true desired result for the Magical Sign set-up. I got it.

I have yet to be fortunate enough to get a great wand with LV5 element and Magical Sign yet.

Btw FOnewearl can use the GigasRomulas to. That's a plus. Not a big plus, but a plus none the less. :D

FOmars have better ATP yes, but FOmarls have better ATA. Plus the latter's ATP is only marginally worse.

SapphireOfChaos
6 months ago#4
Oh, that actually reminds me, there's a glitch you can perform to make Gigrants hit enemies twice, if it's used fast enough immediately after casting Gimegid. I think you basically need max level of Grants tech and the Compress PA unit to cast it fast enough, but it can devastate the black mobs in Dark Shrine when used right, especially as Gimegid will help pull them into Gigrants range and keep them there.
Discord link: https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb | ''I reject your wit and substitute my own.'' - guwa

beatumdown
6 months ago#5
Interesting. Gimegid to pull them into Grants range ... not a bad strategy. :) The Compress PA sounds like a great idea to, but my HUcast and RAcast go them. Since they can't use Techs I gave them the benefit of those units. LoL

SapphireOfChaos
6 months ago#6
I always put my Compress PA unit inside the Joint Trunk whenever I would quit, so I could have it available to all my characters (until I eventually had duplicates given to me for each of my characters to use simultaneously, lol).

beatumdown
6 months ago#7
SapphireOfChaos posted...
I always put my Compress PA unit inside the Joint Trunk whenever I would quit, so I could have it available to all my characters (until I eventually had duplicates given to me for each of my characters to use simultaneously, lol).

I might buy an extra copy of the game just so I can get the Compress PA again, and the Sewer Dispenser items again. :D
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Zero
  3. Grants or Megid?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Unlocking Super Hard Mode? General2 Answers
What is the best class? Build3 Answers
How do use photon Blasts? General3 Answers
What do ATA, MST, DFP and ATP mean? Tech Support4 Answers
How do I beat Mother Trinity? Enemy/Boss16 Answers