• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
8 months ago#1
With provides a better increase in damage potential? :)

I here Life is pretty good, but I end up almost killing myself using a weapon with that element. However somne folks do not seem to care, and say the trade off is worth it.
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
8 months ago#2
Life effect at all levels is a 50% increase to damage, but higher levels reduce the amount of HP you lose per hit.

Celeb is a 10% increase in damage per level, up to a 50% increase at Lv5, but you lose meseta equivalent to 20 + [Lv × 10]. So Lv1 would cost 30 meseta per hit for a 10% damage increase, while Lv5 would be 70 meseta per hit for a 50% damage increase.

On most guns, you can get away with Life because you can usually kill mobs before they have a chance to hit you. Melee weapons, less so, which makes them risky to use unless you spam Photon Arts that can effectively OHKO the targeted enemies. Celeb is safer, and by the time you beat the story, you're usually not gonna have much else to use meseta for except like synthesizing monster part weapons and maybe Photon Fortification later on.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Switch: SW-3337-1639-7884
Discord link: https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb | ''I reject your wit and substitute my own.'' - guwa

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
8 months ago#3
SapphireOfChaos posted...
Life effect at all levels is a 50% increase to damage, but higher levels reduce the amount of HP you lose per hit.

Celeb is a 10% increase in damage per level, up to a 50% increase at Lv5, but you lose meseta equivalent to 20 + [Lv × 10]. So Lv1 would cost 30 meseta per hit for a 10% damage increase, while Lv5 would be 70 meseta per hit for a 50% damage increase.

On most guns, you can get away with Life because you can usually kill mobs before they have a chance to hit you. Melee weapons, less so, which makes them risky to use unless you spam Photon Arts that can effectively OHKO the targeted enemies. Celeb is safer, and by the time you beat the story, you're usually not gonna have much else to use meseta for except like synthesizing monster part weapons and maybe Photon Fortification later on.

Thanks for the feedback and that comparison. I'll try Life on some of my weapon that can't reach Element 5. :)
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Unlocking Super Hard Mode? General2 Answers
What is the best class? Build3 Answers
How do use photon Blasts? General3 Answers
What do ATA, MST, DFP and ATP mean? Tech Support4 Answers
How do I beat Mother Trinity? Enemy/Boss16 Answers