• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
3 months ago#21
Gunbladelad posted...
I still have it - but haven't played in a while - I hit a wall with one of the bosses in V.Hard and I kinda got distracted by other games. Everyone I knew stopped playing too...

What boss if I may ask? The Arca Plant boss can be a D**K and the Octopus to in V.Hard mode

{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
3 months ago#22
Firing up the game for the first time in a long time, it looks like it's Humilas (Arca Plant boss) - no matter how I much I kept at it, he kept on getting more critical hits and wiping me out than seem within the realms of realistic possibility - and after what seems like countless attempts on Very hard to beat it (my character literally got up to level 81 in all those attempts...) I just called it quits.
R.I.P. Throwback Mode - 23rd April 2014
Scottish Gamers unite - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1374-scotland
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Verkins

Verkins
2 months ago#23
I still farm random runs randomly on my Level 100 HUmar Verkins once in a blue moon.
Nintendo Switch: Verkins PlayStation 4: LordVerkins

beatumdown
2 months ago#24
Verkins posted...
I still farm random runs randomly on my Level 100 HUmar Verkins once in a blue moon.

Me to. I am trying to get another LV Element Ainsriffe Sword and Rika's Claw for my HUnewearl.

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
1 month ago#25
I recently got back into it. After selling my old DS collection(due to complicated circumstances) years ago, I lost my lv 100 hucast and racast as well as ALL the loot I accumulated in my years of playing

But I'm back in, my racast is at lv85 and I've gotten a few things back through hunting (like my precious riverman missouri)
"I'm a thoughtocauster, a conundrummer... in a band called... 'Life Puzzler"

beatumdown
1 month ago#26
Rolfin posted...
I recently got back into it. After selling my old DS collection(due to complicated circumstances) years ago, I lost my lv 100 hucast and racast as well as ALL the loot I accumulated in my years of playing

But I'm back in, my racast is at lv85 and I've gotten a few things back through hunting (like my precious riverman missouri)

That's great! You a Cast lover like me. :D I'm still trying to grab a 4 slot Keplar Suit for my RAcast so I can put guns like that to good use. :)

Rolfin
1 month ago#27
beatumdown posted...
That's great! You a Cast lover like me. :D I'm still trying to grab a 4 slot Keplar Suit for my RAcast so I can put guns like that to good use. :)

Yeah my mains were always the casts, both hunter and ranger. Never had much interest in techniques and the like, plus built in trap vision and naturally regenerating health are fantastic QoL bonuses!

My third slot was planned to be a hunewm, but I actually got super duper lucky and netted a 4-slot Rika's Suit during my first SH eternal tower run, so I guess I'm gonna go with Hunewearl instead, as not to waste that potential lolol. I remember back in the hay day of PSZ, 4 slot Kepler suits and Rika's suits were among the top requested items for trade, so I'm excited

As for the Kepler suit, do remember that the set bonus for that is good, but nothing crazy. It's a hefty 50 bonus in ATA and 25 evasion EVP when used with one of the non-photon based weapons. That said, Racasts already have the best natural accuracy in the game (so that 50 point bonus isn't unwelcome, but isn't gonna make or break you either) and the 25 point evasion bonus doesn't help much when you realize Racasts have HORRIBLE evasive stats... But the Kepler suit IS still the best defense armor for a male ranger and gives you extra boosts when using the best ranger weapons in the game, so it's still a worthy thing to search for. It's just that a Ramar will get more use for it than your racast due to the more lacking stats.

Even without Kepler suit, weapons like riverman missouri and H44 missouri are still guns that can be highly useful with the right stats, elements and photon arts

beatumdown
1 month ago#28
Rolfin posted...
Yeah my mains were always the casts, both hunter and ranger. Never had much interest in techniques and the like, plus built in trap vision and naturally regenerating health are fantastic QoL bonuses!

My third slot was planned to be a hunewm, but I actually got super duper lucky and netted a 4-slot Rika's Suit during my first SH eternal tower run, so I guess I'm gonna go with Hunewearl instead, as not to waste that potential lolol. I remember back in the hay day of PSZ, 4 slot Kepler suits and Rika's suits were among the top requested items for trade, so I'm excited

As for the Kepler suit, do remember that the set bonus for that is good, but nothing crazy. It's a hefty 50 bonus in ATA and 25 evasion EVP when used with one of the non-photon based weapons. That said, Racasts already have the best natural accuracy in the game (so that 50 point bonus isn't unwelcome, but isn't gonna make or break you either) and the 25 point evasion bonus doesn't help much when you realize Racasts have HORRIBLE evasive stats... But the Kepler suit IS still the best defense armor for a male ranger and gives you extra boosts when using the best ranger weapons in the game, so it's still a worthy thing to search for. It's just that a Ramar will get more use for it than your racast due to the more lacking stats.

Even without Kepler suit, weapons like riverman missouri and H44 missouri are still guns that can be highly useful with the right stats, elements and photon arts

Actually RAcaceals has the best Accuracy in the game, but the RAcast has more potential with having the best Power of any Ranger (only a few point behind the HUnewearl) and the being able to wear the Keplar Suit.

I got 2 copies of the game.
Copy#1:
100LV HUcast - Best HP and Attack Damage in the game, HP Regen, Access to Cast gear, See and set Traps, Immune to Poison, Excellent weapon options in all categories except Bazooka, some say this character is the best Ranger even though its a Hunter. LoL
99LV FOmarl - 25%+Damage to Grantz, 2nd best MST potential, Can use 100 materials, Above average weapon options, Even passable Attack and Accuracy stats
95LV RAmarl - Considered to be the worst of any character to pick, but I made it work with her. Can use 100 materials, Above average weapon options, Cant use Keplar Suit

Copy#2:
90LV HUnewearl - Though the weakest Hunter, this character has the best overall Stat growth of any character in the game, TP Regen, Can use Shifta & Deband max LV10 making it the best soloer (Even better than Cast Hunters unfortunately. Don't get me started on that LoL), Best MST stat out of all characters not a Force, Access to Rika Suit & Claw, Access to Romulus, Rems Romulus, and Gigas Romulus (latter being the best Double Saber in the game, Crappy weapon selection outside usual Hunter options especially in Gun options.
85LV FOnewm - 15% to all Attack Techs rendering the best Force nuker, TP Regen, Access to Romulus, Rems Romulus, and Gigas Romulus (latter being the best Double Saber in the game), Looks like a Jester, Crappy weapon selection outside of Force options, Even if it had better weapon options it would not matter due to the fact this character has the worse Accuracy of the game.
84LV RAcast - Best Attack power of all Rangers, HP Regen, Can see and set Traps, Access to Cast gear, Access to Keplar Suit, Immune to Poison, Above average weapon selection outside Ranger Options

That sums up why I picked these. :)

Rolfin
4 weeks ago#29
beatumdown posted...
That sums up why I picked these. :)

Yeah my original character was a Ramar, but outside of style, keplar suit and Emperor Axeon, he's... Difficult to justify for solo or multiplayer. Just about anything he can do, there's another class that just out does him on it. Even his enemy debuffs basically make him a passable character that HAS to actively cast techs just to stay in the acceptable range- and even then still on the low end

I may get another cart one day, but forces have never interested me in any PSO game and that's the only reason I can think I'd want to start a new character. Between my Hucast, Racast and Hunewm, I feel like I have all the basic variety I want out of the game

Ugh... I really miss the days when this game had official online play and an active community. Replaying this game and rebuilding my characters/collection is fun, but bittersweet when I remember it's completely dead from a community standpoint
FOnewearl was fun to use on my alt. Spamming Alzalure to lower resistances, then Gimegid to group up enemies tightly, with either spamming Gigrants during Gimegid for the multi-hit Gigrants glitch or using a Celeb/Life Magical Sign wand for massive melee-type AoE damage and Slow ailment proc, lol.

Still, HUnewearl was by far my favorite character to play as. Like the perfect jack of all trades, high PP with natural Newman PP regen to use to support allies when no Force was in the party and for Photon Art spamming, and the capability of having such high EVP that most melee attacks just never hit you almost, with enough DFP to survive if they do land a hit, and decent MST to heal off damage you sustain, lol.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Switch: SW-3337-1639-7884
Discord link: https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb | ''I reject your wit and substitute my own.'' - guwa
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Unlocking Super Hard Mode? General2 Answers
What is the best class? Build3 Answers
How do use photon Blasts? General3 Answers
What do ATA, MST, DFP and ATP mean? Tech Support4 Answers
How do I beat Mother Trinity? Enemy/Boss16 Answers