• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kolari

Kolari
2 years ago#1
So, I've played A LOT, of the Dreamcast, and Gamecube versions of this series.

How does the MAG system for feeding caring and evolving work in this version?

I didn't like how you had to keep remembering to care for the mags so often in those
2 versions.. I would rather had a like, "food bin/chamber" to just dump items in and
a alert would then go off when it was empty.

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
2 years ago#2
You can feed it 5 items every three minutes, iirc.

You can feed it more than just healing items, though. Weapons, armor, grinders. You name it. Weapons and armors give values based on their rarity rank, while most other items are based on the item itself.

Melee weapons raise Power. Magic weapons raise Mind. Guns raise Hit. Armors raise Guard. Grinders raise all stats equally. Materials (such as Power Materials) raise values for their stats (HP raises Power, PP raises Mind, Evade raises Guard I think). Reset Material lowers all stats.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Discord Chat for online gaming with Chaos! https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb
The more you learn, the less you know, maaan...

Kolari
2 years ago#3
Chaosmaster00 posted...

You can feed it more than just healing items, though. Weapons, armor, grinders. You name it. Weapons and armors give values based on their rarity rank, while most other items are based on the item itself.

Melee weapons raise Power. Magic weapons raise Mind. Guns raise Hit. Armors raise Guard. Grinders raise all stats equally. Materials (such as Power Materials) raise values for their stats (HP raises Power, PP raises Mind, Evade raises Guard I think). Reset Material lowers all stats.

First off, Thanks Chaos for replying, I'm glad some one replied so soon, as I WAS, planning on maybe getting this
game in a week or 2.
I guess maybe... You can advance the game entirely W/O a MAG and do ok..???

However... my thoughts....

Hmm.. And they still havent figured out that the task of remembering EVERY 3 MIN, is highly forgetful especially since I've often forgotten MOST of the time to do this cause I'm in, oh I don't know... Battle?
I wish that by now, they would have made it so after every kill, your MAG (and you could control this like a Pie Graph) would absorb what ever you could allow it to, after every kill. Exp, Items, Weapons, Armor etc...

Kolari
2 years ago#4
I wonder if maybe I should get PSU for 360 instead.
I.. haven't seen too many pics of that game where you actually even have a mag..
I've never played Phantasy Star Universe for either PS2 or 360.
I know that sadly, the servers are down for both...

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
2 years ago#5
Kolari posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

First off, Thanks Chaos for replying, I'm glad some one replied so soon, as I WAS, planning on maybe getting this
game in a week or 2.
I guess maybe... You can advance the game entirely W/O a MAG and do ok..???

However... my thoughts....

Hmm.. And they still havent figured out that the task of remembering EVERY 3 MIN, is highly forgetful especially since I've often forgotten MOST of the time to do this cause I'm in, oh I don't know... Battle?
I wish that by now, they would have made it so after every kill, your MAG (and you could control this like a Pie Graph) would absorb what ever you could allow it to, after every kill. Exp, Items, Weapons, Armor etc...

With how fast some dungeons are to progress, just feeding it at the start of a dungeon, at the halfway mark, and after a boss battle is pretty much sufficient. Realistically, you could probably feed it after every two or three rooms if you are diligent with it. You literally start off the game with a mag, and can feed it the random junk you don't need anymore, so it's basically free stats early on. Use it to your advantage!

Earlier on, it'll be gaining levels like crazy anyways, and overall they are really easy to max out. If you take your time with it, you could easily have a Lv60+ mag by the time you beat the main story.

Kolari posted...
I wonder if maybe I should get PSU for 360 instead.
I.. haven't seen too many pics of that game where you actually even have a mag..
I've never played Phantasy Star Universe for either PS2 or 360.
I know that sadly, the servers are down for both...

Don't bother, it's utter s*** and a waste of your money.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Discord Chat for online gaming with Chaos! https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb
The more you learn, the less you know, maaan...
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
DS Onlinebeatumdown45/11 4:41PM