• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Zero
  3. Tech vs Proc (Zalure & Jellen)

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
2 years ago#1
I saw on the PSO website that weapons with the best proc rate are Shields at 25%, with Swords and Laser Cannons running a close second at 20%. I sort of wanted to try and exploit this. I few Shields and Swords with Elements maxed at LV-5 and quite a few Laser Cannons maxed at LV-3.

My question is a LV-5 Element Zalure & Jellen more tragic to Hostile (enemies) than the actual LV-15 Techniques of Zalure & Jellen casted by an adept Force?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. :)
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
2 years ago#2
Lv15 Techs apply Lv3 debuffs to foes at a 100% procrate, which reduces enemy defenses/resistance to 70% of their base.

Honestly, the only effects worth running are Celeb/Life for damage boosts, maybe Heart for techers.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Discord Chat for online gaming with Chaos! https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb
The more you learn, the less you know, maaan...

beatumdown
2 years ago#3
@Chaosmaster00 thanks again for that info!

I don't mess with the Life or Risk elements. The damage done by these elements to me is not worth the HP cost even at LV-5. LoL

So I guess a LV-5 Zalure or Jellen reduce attributes of hostile Abby 90-100% correct?

User Info: the void

the void
2 years ago#4
Level 10 zalure tech reduces defense to 75% and level 15 tech reduces it to 70%. I don't know what element levels correspond to which tech levels.

Like chaos said, celeb and life are the ones you want for pure damage. I used Heat against the tower bosses when under leveled and under equipped. You can just keep healing the npcs while heat brings the boss down.
Nei - Level 200 Ranger - PSN: the_void__ | Spirit - Level 200 Strider - PSN: the_nil__
Ghost - Level 200 Sorcerer - PSN: the_null__

beatumdown
2 years ago#5
Never really used attribute elements on bosses because they never worked in PSO Online 1&2. :)

SapphireOfChaos
2 years ago#6
beatumdown posted...
@Chaosmaster00 thanks again for that info!

I don't mess with the Life or Risk elements. The damage done by these elements to me is not worth the HP cost even at LV-5. LoL

So I guess a LV-5 Zalure or Jellen reduce attributes of hostile Abby 90-100% correct?

I have several of my top weapons I got back in the golden days as Life Lv5, like a Magical Sign Zero Cane, a Flame hit Zero rifle, and a Zeta Cutlass(sp?) Zero Saber, and they wreck things so fast that the loss of HP is easily offset by the fact that I often kill things before they can hit me. :p

Lv4 elements from weapons apply a Lv4 Zalure debuff (and respectively Lv5 with lv5 weapons); Lv4 Zalure reduces the target's defenses/resistance to 65% their original value, and lv5 drops them to 60%.

Do note that weapon elements don't seem to proc on any bosses. The Eternal Tower's Mother bosses not included. As an aside, the Flame Hit PA recks the Mothers as it can apply a lv4 Heat effect.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Discord Chat for online gaming with Chaos! https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb

beatumdown
2 years ago#7
Ok I'll take you advice on that and try the Life element again. :)

If I reading your reply correctly LV4 Zalure is 65% and LV5 is %60?

So LV4 is better than LV5? Am I reading this wrong? **bewildered look** LoL

User Info: the void

the void
2 years ago#8
Level 5 Zalure drops defense TO 60%, not BY 60%.
Nei - Level 200 Ranger - PSN: the_void__ | Spirit - Level 200 Strider - PSN: the_nil__
Ghost - Level 200 Sorcerer - PSN: the_null__

SapphireOfChaos
2 years ago#9
the void posted...
Level 5 Zalure drops defense TO 60%, not BY 60%.

This.

Think of it as this: Zalure reduces enemy defenses by 15% + (Zalure Lv x 5%).

The higher the level, the greater the effect. At level 5 Zalure, it reduces to 60%, as in a 40% resistance decrease.

It should be noted that it does affect the defenses and resistances, so you will oftentimes see a much larger damage increase than would be expected, especially in Super Hard where most things have slight resistances even to their "weaknesses". Only Pobomma's have no melee resistance in Super, iirc. Especially things they heavily resist or are naturally immune to will deal significantly higher damage after Zalure is used.

beatumdown
2 years ago#10
@Chaosmaster00 and @the_void thanks for the info on this. I think I have s better understanding now. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Zero
  3. Tech vs Proc (Zalure & Jellen)
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
DS Onlinebeatumdown45/11 4:41PM