• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Zero
  3. Is there any info about specific drop rates?

User Info: the void

the void
2 years ago#1
I'm playing this again, this time an evade HUnewearl.

I remember hearing that it's absurdly rare, but I'm hoping to get an idea of how many snakes I need to kill for a Fuuma Shuriken. I can't find any numbers or even estimates anywhere.

I've been doing Gurhacia Valley field runs hoping to find the shuriken (as well as 2 more divine/swift), interspersed with the occasional quest. Would the tower be better, due to the boosted status as well as the chance for it to drop from the bosses?
Nei - Level 200 Ranger - PSN: the_void__ | Spirit - Level 200 Strider - PSN: the_nil__
Ghost - Level 200 Sorcerer - PSN: the_null__

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
2 years ago#2
Unfortunately, drop rate values were never determined for this game. It's mostly just speculated that most droprates for rares were in the 1/256 or above, and as high as 1/4096 or higher for others. As you can imagine, that is a pretty big margin of error, so...best of luck?

As far as Gurhacia vs Eternal Tower goes, I find that if you are hunting for something specific like that, the area said monster spawns is better, because the Tower is all RNG. You may not ever see a Garahadan or Force Mother for a long time. Gurhacia is actually a pretty good area to farm; Garahadan Fangs, Shuriken rares, Lv3 Over End Ainsraiffe, that rare Tormatible also being the sole source of the best Lv3 slicer and gunblade, iirc, and Riverman Missouri.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Discord Chat for online gaming with Chaos! https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb
The more you learn, the less you know, maaan...

User Info: the void

the void
2 years ago#3
Hey chaos, how's the rappy soul collection?

And I kinda figured Gurhacia might be my best bet, since I've been keeping an eye out for some of those other items too. I still haven't found a hadan fang or ainsraiffe on this save, but I picked up a really nice foie haze and rika suit going up the tower. Part of the reason I'm playing again is because I learned of an emulator that allows higher internal resolution, so I've started from scratch and don't have access to all of the goodies that I've hoarded on my cart.
Nei - Level 200 Ranger - PSN: the_void__ | Spirit - Level 200 Strider - PSN: the_nil__
Ghost - Level 200 Sorcerer - PSN: the_null__

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
2 years ago#4
the void posted...
Hey chaos, how's the rappy soul collection?

And I kinda figured Gurhacia might be my best bet, since I've been keeping an eye out for some of those other items too. I still haven't found a hadan fang or ainsraiffe on this save, but I picked up a really nice foie haze and rika suit going up the tower. Part of the reason I'm playing again is because I learned of an emulator that allows higher internal resolution, so I've started from scratch and don't have access to all of the goodies that I've hoarded on my cart.

Got over 1200 Rappy Souls before wifi shut down, so pretty damn good. :p

Yeah, the Eternal Tower is pretty much your best bet for general rare drops.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Discord Chat for online gaming with Chaos! https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb
The more you learn, the less you know, maaan...
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Zero
  3. Is there any info about specific drop rates?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
DS Onlinebeatumdown45/11 4:41PM