a small tactic I devised

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Groovin' Blocks
  3. a small tactic I devised

User Info: ITP

ITP
10 years ago#1
this is pretty basic, but this is what got me through casual-hard all 27 stars, just started legend, and it's really hard to control your blocks, so I don't think this tactic would work in legend.

but anyway, the tactic goes like this - you start each song by randomly dropping the blocks anywhere, just to catch as many beats as possible, once you're up to X3(the highest) you start deleting the mess, only much more slowly, if you see you're going to miss a beat, don't drop! just let it slide instead.

I got over 100K high scores using this. just got legend mode and it seems to be really tricky...

User Info: Soul_Devour

Soul_Devour
10 years ago#2
Yep, that's what I typically did, gets you a fast 3x multiplier for the whole song and generally makes the score challenges pretty easy. In regards to Legend difficulty I just got myself quickly to a 2x multiplier and only tried to hit superbeats, it generally works well for a little over half the songs. Legend difficulty is more about survival than working hard towards a high school, as a 2x multiplier with superbeats usually means you'll reach the 3 star minimum.
I like how you get bolder and bolder with a word that doesn't need to be censored at all.- Dragoner
"Keep on keepin' on..." --- Paranoid Obsessive

Soul_Devour
10 years ago#3
High score*, dunno why I typed school...
I like how you get bolder and bolder with a word that doesn't need to be censored at all.- Dragoner

User Info: ITP

ITP
10 years ago#4
I'll try it later or tommorow, the songs in the game kinda got repetetive and annoying IMO

if they had actual words, and clearer visuals, and better effects for placing blocks\deleting etc' this game would've rocked

also, more songs, 12-13 songs? is this a joke?

Soul_Devour
10 years ago#5
Only 11 songs, you do them all on Legend. It does kinda suck how short this game is =\

User Info: GrumpySnail

GrumpySnail
10 years ago#6
Hey guys! This is Francois from Empty Clip Studios. We're glad you like our game! :)

Haha we're surprised people got to Legend so quick, let alone ripped through it! To think our focus test was telling us Hard mode was too hard! We'll need to bring it up a notch for the hard-core players next version! We can barely finish a level in Legend mode ourselves, you guys should post a video on YouTube ;)

User Info: Darkmagi82

Darkmagi82
10 years ago#7
<<also, more songs, 12-13 songs? is this a joke?>>

Wiiware games have a size limit, so it is impossible to fit very many songs on one game.
*points in a random direction* "Look, a distraction!" *runs off*
Diamond FC: 2019 9693 0006

Soul_Devour
10 years ago#8
-Hey guys! This is Francois from Empty Clip Studios. We're glad you like our game! :)

Haha we're surprised people got to Legend so quick, let alone ripped through it! To think our focus test was telling us Hard mode was too hard! We'll need to bring it up a notch for the hard-core players next version! We can barely finish a level in Legend mode ourselves, you guys should post a video on YouTube ;)

Ah, I'm not sure if you knew but developers can get a special board user level in gamefaqs, try heading to the message board help forum. It's under the site boards category. But yeah, Legend could have been harder mostly by increasing the score minimums for a 3 star. It can be a bit stressful to reach a 3x in Legend but once you hit it you never have to be on the beat again for the rest of song. Perhaps make it so that over a very long period of time your multiplier slowly decreases, as an incentive to keep hitting the beat? I really would love it if another version came out, definitely would buy it btw.
  1. Boards
  2. Groovin' Blocks
  3. a small tactic I devised

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived