Installation Failed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: r_ruiz6047

r_ruiz6047
9 years ago#1

After I punch in the registration code, right before the initial installation it tells me:

Installation Failed: The installer was interrupted before Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor could be completely installed. An internal check has failed. Please contact THQ technical support for assistance. (Error code 10003).

Updated drivers already.

Any recommendations before I call THQ?

User Info: electro57

electro57
9 years ago#2
Got the same problem. Not only did it not install, but the damn ToV deleted my previously installed CoH and OF. Relic screwed the pooch on this one.

The only one that has the problem is you.

User Info: shiny_spoon

shiny_spoon
9 years ago#3

I had a similar problem. After messing around in the registry and with environment variables for a few hours, I managed to get the thing installed. I think what got me that far was manually assigning permissions on all my temp folders so that "everyone" had full read/write access and resetting them to their default locations.

The problem at that point was that patches for CoH wouldn't install.

More screwing around in the registry, manually extracting things, dicking around with MS Installer etc... I just decided to format. Works great now.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that. If it IS, in fact, the same problem I was experiencing, I don't think you'll get it resolved easily. :(

If you call THQ and get a fix, I'd be interested in knowing what it was though.

Good luck!

User Info: TM13h

TM13h
9 years ago#4
I just restarted the setup.exe after I got the installation error, this time with admin rights. It worked for me.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived