• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Record of Agarest War
  3. (Spoiler) Is there any point in using the 'love interests' on the battlefield?

User Info: pippin254

pippin254
7 years ago#1
I just got through the first generation with a party consisting of Leo, Fyuria, Ellis, Borgenine, Winfield, and Vira-Lorr. Since everyone but Luana, Elaine, Fyuria, and Leo carry over, I feel like I sorta wasted my time in leveling both Leo and Fyuria, since I can only revive one with Gen II's forbidden tome.

That being said, is it better to just focus on one particular person in that generation if you want to revive them, and just stick with the permanent characters? Given that XP only goes to those that battle, and several folks only stay for one particular generation...it doesn't seem like a good idea to use them in the long run.

Thoughts? This game is insanely complicated to me, so I may be missing something here.

User Info: valheran

valheran
7 years ago#2
There IS a point in leveling Leo, since he is #1 candidate for rez. Ofc by the time you actually marionette him, that amount of exp will be nothing.

Leveling Fyuria, and most brides (except possibly Yayoi and Faina) is pure waste, IMO. AT endgame, many go for party of all main characters and Dyshana, since that allows for 6-man EX Combo. Other "ultimate" combos require Leo, Zerva, Ellis, Borgnine, Winfield, Vira-Lorr, and Ellis, Vira-Lorr, Arbol, Plum, Faina(rez), Yayoi(rez).

If you ever decide to restart, consider str-build Zerva instead of Fyuria. In gen2, when you get to 3rd dungeon and loot book for making platinium weapons, you can afford skills for combos Axel Rave (rush, rapid move, rush beat) and Mirage Force (trick hit, critical charge, shadow sting). I took party of Borgnine, Winfield, 2x Werewolf (15 combo slots total), Sharona (geared for 20AP, but not leveled any) and Ellis (6 special slots total) into Slumber Forest I. I'd clear all but 1 thief in round 1, then in round 2 do rush, 5x axel rave, double edge, 2x mirage force (possible since Winfield and Sharona are ranged) for 470 hits total netting 87 TP per short battle. After short grind I was able to afford Halper Scythe, giving Zerva 2,5K+ atk, still in gen2.
  1. Boards
  2. Record of Agarest War
  3. (Spoiler) Is there any point in using the 'love interests' on the battlefield?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A