• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. All Talked Out- On restarting at checkpoints
ker_plop 10 months ago#1
If I hear a hint, and then restart from a checkpoint, and then I don't hear that hint again, was it still counted?
bigmatt94 6 months ago#2
Nope. The hint is only counted once you reach a checkpoint that comes after AFTER you've heard the hint. If you restart from a checkpoint that is at a place before you hear the hint that means you need to hear the hint again.

Unfortunately there's no way to no where exactly a checkpoint is in this game without selecting restart checkpoint in the pause menu and undoing whatever progress you might have made.

If you're really worried about undoing a lot of progress and having to listen to hints again then I would suggest keeping your PS4 on for your entire playthrough. Obviously doing it in one sitting would be ideal so you don't have your PS4 on for long but if you absolutely must then keep your PS4 on for the few days that your doing the playthrough and getting all of the hints

Personally, I've been turning off my PS4 in my 2nd run through going for the platinum trophy and just doing back whatever hints and progress I've lost because leaving my PS4 on for days is probably gonna make it overheat and die.

It would have been nice to know when exactly our game is being saved at a checkpoint

1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. All Talked Out- On restarting at checkpoints
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A