• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Steam Release Possibility

User Info: Sykora21

Sykora21
2 months ago#1
Just putting it out there that I am really hoping for a Steam release for Ueda's trilogy of games.

The recent PS5 reveal left me cold with no mention of PS1/PS2 games meaning that these are still tied to obsolete hardware. The excellent HD editions are held hostage on PS3 - a system that does not lend itself well to portability. Much like the games themselves, I like a simple and minimalistic approach to things so having multiple machines hooked up is not an option for me. TLG made me buy a PS4 after years of holding out hope it would release on PS3 as originally planned.

Now that Sony have relaxed their platform exclusivity with ports of Horizon and Death Stranding coming to PC, I think there is a possibility of Ueda's titles releasing on Steam where they can live forever. This would make commercial sense as they are highly acclaimed and Sony can resell them to a wider audience with relatively minimal effort. Being an unapologetic purist, I would prefer to see the original SOTC rather than the remake even though the latter is more likely.

Time will tell.
3.2 GHZ CPU / 256MB RAM / NVIDIA RSX 256 MB GPU / 20GB Hard drive
Sony WEGA Trinitron 32" TV
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Steam Release Possibility
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A