• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. WTF? AI just sucks! Also some gameplay sections are just bad... worst UEDA game?

User Info: Caine123

Caine123
2 months ago#1
hey i just wanted to tease with the topicname ;) but there is also truth in it in my opinion.

first! i love SOtC! the game is ART/an experience for me, it is so full of imagination and triggers so much emotions i still love and hate.

sadly i didnt play ICO yet but i want to do it soon. FINALLY i started playing/experiencing The Last Guardian and Ueda again builds a magic experience!

well, sadly i dont enjoy it as much as SOtC and this really angers me, really it ANGERS me so much i had to create this topic. I WANT TO LOVE THIS, i dont want negative thoughts about it but i cannot do it :(.

the handling/platforming sometimes really is annoying but not so bad and i got used to it but TRICO, oh man, i love him so much but atm i dont see TRICO as a live soul but as a &$%&$/$ AI gone wrong in a game..,. every hurting, every joy, every cuddling i started and felt such a bond and also cried when the first encounter with those enemies happened and i had to take out the spears and give him a hug :/ then SPOILERS!!!!

i was in the WATER/DIVE section, i was there over 30 minutes and i DIDNT want to use a walkthrough but even this didnt help much so i tried again, why isnt he not responding, i was so often relaxed and was like yeah an animal would need sometimes time to understand etc. but this section was stretching my nerves! and there were some other sections not that bad but where TRICO needed some tries to do what he should have.... i know the commands etc. im patient, i love him but UEDA $&§/§ this experience up for me sadly. i still enjoy it but i already know i dont want to experience/play this again. SOtC is different, it also has much more refined mechanics here you have to RELY TO HEAVY on Trico's AI, also the section after it where you conforont the other beast you have to flee and the boy doesnt respond well on the line, when you fall donw the beast slaps you endlessly, sorry how bad this design is you need to restart the checkpoint. also nitpick i cannot believe the action popup tutorials still were not patched out......

Mr Ueda, the experience/game is a masterpiece but sadly it is very annoying at some sections where the feelings get heavily disturbed in a bad way.... im sad about it. ok i continue now my journed with Trico. hopefully there wont be more of these BAD AI sections...
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. WTF? AI just sucks! Also some gameplay sections are just bad... worst UEDA game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A