• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Speedrunning tips? Shortcuts?
Broda69 1 year ago#1
I decided to go back and try getting the platinum for TLG, since it's one of the few games in my collection that I'm missing trophies for. The 5 hour speedrunning trophy definitely looks like the biggest hurdle though. Does anyone have good tips for accomplishing it? I notice that only 0.5% of players have gotten that trophy. If you're one of the 0.5%, I'd like to hear from you!

I remember when doing the 2 hour speedrun for ICO, there were a few parts in the game where you could almost skip entire puzzles by jumping somewhere special. Is there anything like that in TLG?

If you did the speedrun, what were the hardest parts of your run? Were there any parts where Trico almost ruined your run due to not following commands well? Let me know, thanks.
Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Cry, and you cry alone.
Broda69 1 year ago#2
Nevermind, ya'll suck and ignored my post! I just went on Youtube and looked at the 3 hour 18 minute speedrun of the game. That's all I need
Cry, and you cry alone.
rancid_custard 1 year ago#3
Well done, it's not quite as frustrating as I'd initially thought it was going to be either is it? The locked in a cage part was probably my most problematic.
Broda69 1 year ago#4
rancid_custard posted...
Well done, it's not quite as frustrating as I'd initially thought it was going to be either is it? The locked in a cage part was probably my most problematic.

Thanks yea, the cage part was a little annoying, but I knew I'd be ok because I took other shortcuts elsewhere. The best shortcut by far - the first time you get to it, you can skip running all the way around the final tower by simply climbing up the scaffolds under the mirrors! There's a certain way to do it quickly and it saves about 5 minutes. It blew my mind when I watched the speedrun. Took me about an hour to repeat it myself, thank god for usb manual saves.

The most annoying part for me was the part towards to end, before you make the big jump to the final tower for the 2nd time and have climb up a bunch of other towards and pull levers to create a runway. For some reason Trico was not responding well and hesitated too long before jumps. The checkpoints are also really far apart, so I accidentally fell once and have to start about 10 minutes back. That worried me quite a lot, but I think my final time was about 4 hours 30 minutes. It sucks that the game doesn't tell you your time at the end. It kind of makes speedrunning stupid in my opinion, but I'm glad I did it.

Cry, and you cry alone.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Speedrunning tips? Shortcuts?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A