• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. 3 years later...I FINALLY finished this game! *spoilers*
cjtencounter 2 years ago#1

I got this game day one and played it for hours until I got stuck somewhere and left it for a while until I got back into it and figured out you have to actually point Trico very directly to where you want to go (before I just tapped that "call" button and he never was doing anything lol.)
I was stuck AGAIN at the area where you gotta swim under water with Trico to get to the other side. This time, even with me pointing and doing all sorts of things nothing was working. I was fiddling around for an hour until I gave up so I just left the game. Considering I don't have much time with the PS4 like I used to because my gf uses it for her watching needs, I played other games. And all my playing is done very slowly now. I have so many other games I still need to finish, like God of War, RE2, Horizon and Bloodstained.

But anyway, just recently I popped it in again after A VERY long break this time. All this playing has been done here and there through 3 freaking years haha. But it doesn't seem like it since there are so many other games that came along the way and life and all that stuff. But yeah, I swore I would NEVER look up on the internet to figure out what to do. I knew eventually it would come and it sure did.
*SPOILERS*
Go figure, I realized Trico sometimes climbed up on that hill and when I called him to jump it would create a splash. Then I figured nooooo way, this splash is what's going to take me up to the switch. Wow, previously, I spent so much time and didn't realize this. But then, now what? I was diving around to see if I could dive deep enough to go anywhere....I saw some opening/cave. There's no way I could get there. I'm thinking, Trico's my answer - he's what I need to help me get down there. Lots of trial and error but I just knew he was to somehow take me there....eventually he did when I grabbed onto him. Took maybe 10 min trying.
*END SPOILER*

But yeah, after this point in the game it was smooth sailing. I should have finished this game LONG LONG ago (considering a beat SotC and ICO within a week lol). But man, the mechanics made the puzzle solving in this game quite a challenge. But wow, how rewarding it feels now....

This journey got me the 30 hrs or less trophy too LMFAO. This game on its first play through was a 30 hour experience and one of the most epic gaming experiences I think I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
I always said this game was a masterpiece in game design but now I can OFFICIALLY confirm it....IT'S A MASTERPIECE. That last hour of climbing from tour to tower, sweaty palms and all (anyone suffering from vertigo, this game ain't for you haha) was truly some exhilarating stuff.

And the ending really had me choked up....that special ending after the credits.
DAMMIT, Ueda does it again...I didn't think this would end up being powerful but of course, I should NEVER underestimate the mind of Ueda. Masterful emotive story teller.
What a surprise ending, too...very touching and NOT expected to be honest. :)

BRAVO! BRAVO!

1. Final Fantasy VII 2. Shadow of the Colossus 3. Silent Hill 2 4. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 5. Vagrant Story | Best PS4 game: FFVIIR
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. 3 years later...I FINALLY finished this game! *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A