• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. How do you manually shove barrels in Tricos face? (Possibly Spoilers)
derkadurp 2 years ago#1
So I am at a point where Trico battled the other rat thing and fell down a series of bridges (where you get the mirror back), and I have to feed him some barrels to get him back on his feet, but he is just knocking them away every, single, time!

I have spent 20 minutes or more throwing barrels from a distance right in front of his nose, dropping them literally in his mouth as he chomps forward, and they are literally just being knocked away from his face.

Is this just s***ty mechanics making this ridiculously difficult, or is there some trick to manually feeding wounded Trico? Thank you for any input, this is officially driving me insane at this point.
jerrick 2 years ago#2
Just stand near his mouth holding the barrel he'll reach for it. Do not drop the barrel.
LegendaryUman 2 years ago#3
This is one of the times where the game expects you to use real-world logic when you'd usually be using game logic, since you're playing a game. Some people get it but a lot of people don't.
My Team Ico tumblr: http://landsoflightanddark.tumblr.com
Nintendo ID: InimitableUman, PSN: TheMightyMonarch
derkadurp 2 years ago#4
Nah I actually tried to just hold the barrel in front of his mouth, he wasn't having it, though I was eventually able to time tossing them as he opened his face and sort of lunges it forward.

This is like that dive in the under water tunnel, I pressed the same buttons for a few hours spread over a week before I gave up, came back probably a year later and the first time I tried again it just happened to work.

The mechanics of this game are kind of s***, but I still enjoy it for the most part, just a few technical f*** yous that are frustrating.
LegendaryUman 2 years ago#5
That's also something in this game that a lot of people experience, where the correct solution doesn't work on the first try. The fact that so many people have these problems is a reason that even though I love this game, I can't fully defend a lot of the puzzles or Trico's AI. People love to talk about how Trico's AI is fine because it's realistic, and it is, but if Trico were quicker to listen to you and easier to deal with, no one would say he isn't realistic. Everybody would be lavishing the same praise on him, and no one would be asking the devs to patch him to listen less. So that defense doesn't ring very true for me.
My Team Ico tumblr: http://landsoflightanddark.tumblr.com
Nintendo ID: InimitableUman, PSN: TheMightyMonarch
derkadurp 2 years ago#6
Yeah, after a few profound mechanical messes like this, I now have to question whether I get stuck places because I can't figure it out or if I need to play with the mechanics for hours to get it to work.

I do enjoy the game, just frustrating.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. How do you manually shove barrels in Tricos face? (Possibly Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A