• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Enjoying this game so far; Tips to avoid frustration and make this game fun

User Info: ShadowMoses

ShadowMoses
2 years ago#1
Yeah, I'm pretty much more than half way through this and unlocked a fantastic cutscene that really helps explain things. Not going to say more about that.

Here are some tips to avoid frustration and make this game fun:
1. Pet Trico using the circle button. I strongly think there's a hidden status tracker bar that, after petting Trico, gets Trico to obey your commands more quickly

2. Open up the PS4 browser, and have a gamefaqs (text) walkthough ready. There are parts of this game that seem they ran out of time to polish any further, and will require a walkthrough (remember, you can toggle between game and browser by double-tapping the PS button)

3. Just go with it. Don't try to over analyze anything, just try to go with the flow. That make the game much more fun.

User Info: LegendaryUman

LegendaryUman
2 years ago#2
I know that Trico's trust in you is related to how much you feed him, it could also be related to how much you pet him.

The best piece of advice is when you're commanding Trico, just command him once and then wait for him to comply. I'm pretty sure that's been confirmed by the devs to be the best way to work with him. If you spam commands, even if it's the same one over and over again, he can get confused. It also helps if you're facing towards whatever you want him to interact with, even if you're not pointing at it.
My Team Ico tumblr: http://landsoflightanddark.tumblr.com
Nintendo ID: InimitableUman, PSN: TheMightyMonarch

User Info: willow5335

willow5335
2 years ago#3
it's strange because I started enjoying the game a lot more when I had a guide on my phone to look at at all times, so yeah I agree that having a guide makes the game easier on gamers with low patience...

I think I am right where OP is, a bit after 2nd antenna room.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
2 years ago#4
Pet Trico using the circle button. I strongly think there's a hidden status tracker bar that, after petting Trico, gets Trico to obey your commands more quickly

I dont think so. I did more than 5 runs testing stuff like this. It can appear Trico is refusing to obey but it's actually just issues in its AI with finding a clear path, or maybe you're not pointing in the right direction. In my testing I feed it no barrels, and in another run I made sure to let Trico get hurt as much as possible. Both had the same result. Obedience. It's easier after the first playthrough when you know how to solve everything.

I'm open to being wrong about all this though.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Enjoying this game so far; Tips to avoid frustration and make this game fun
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A