• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  3. Why can't I get Variation Bonus x8?

User Info: MultiKoopa

MultiKoopa
4 years ago#1
Can somebody please tell me all the Variations of attacks you can do in this game? I've Platinum'd it before...

Right now I'm near the beginning of the game. I have the combo batarang upgrade. So when my combo includes all of the following:

Strike
Dodge
Counter
Cape Stun
Combo Batarang
Combo Throw
Ground Takedown
Combo Takedown

Shouldn't I be getting x8 Variation bonus on that? The only thing my combo should be missing is Combo Batclaw, but for some reason, I keep getting only 7x Variation bonus with this. Why?
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.

User Info: Super-Marvelous

Super-Marvelous
4 years ago#2
www.playstationtrophies.org/game/batman-arkham-asylum/trophy/8949-Freeflow-Perfection.html

Is this what youre looking for bro. I just rebought this game because it was $8 on psn. So i can't really remember atm. So hoped that helped.
You'll never see me. You'll never hear me. You'll only feel my hands pleasuring your unconscious. Sleeping. Body.

MultiKoopa
4 years ago#3
Yeah I remembered correctly.

But for some reason ,the game isn't always recognizing that I'm doing that. I keep doing 8 different moves but only getting x7 bonus most of the time. One time I did it and got 8x variation bonus, but I don't understand how/why.
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.

MultiKoopa
4 years ago#4
I've now unlocked everything. It seems to be a crapshoot whether or not I get x8 or x9 when I do all of the moves in a combo. I don't understand it.

User Info: Luigi_Fire

Luigi_Fire
4 years ago#5
The only thing I can think of that you might be missing is Critical Strike and Combo Batclaw. Good luck.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  3. Why can't I get Variation Bonus x8?
  • Topic Archived