• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  3. Arkham Asylum Hard Mode is terribly unbalanced and not very good (spoilers)

User Info: AP1246

AP1246
4 years ago#1
For most of the game, I've been able to play in Hard Mode. That is until the fight with the henchmen and the Titan. I've gotten killed because of an enemy attack while trying to leap onto the Titan when he's on the ground. The Titan's charging attack seems to be able to course correct too easily and even the standard henchman takes off too much health. I'm not button mashing but it seems like that blocking attacks take place too late even when you respond in time. I've played Arkham City later and it seems the combat is a lot better.

Why oh why did I want to Platinum this before Arkham Knight?

User Info: FranXGamer

FranXGamer
4 years ago#2
Arkham Asylum it's the most easy platinum of the Batman Arkham series (I got the platinum with 100% DLC in Arkham City and Origins).

User Info: AP1246

AP1246
4 years ago#3
I'm not finding it to be easy at all. Even when I'm not even trying to button mash, I really feel there's a terrible input lag going on. Sometimes, I will be near an enemy and Batman will be attacking thin air thus breaking the combo! Or he counters too late even when I react in time and press the counter button.

There's a lot this game just didn't do right that people seem willing to overlook.

User Info: MetalGearNaruto

MetalGearNaruto
4 years ago#4
There is no input lag, Arkham Asylum has a sort of rhythm to its combat system. Your timing is probably just off. I just finished the game's hard mode, I went across the exact problems you did, but when I stopped being to eager in combat, and took my time, I was doing a lot of better.

Sometimes it's not the game, it's you.

User Info: Luigi_Fire

Luigi_Fire
4 years ago#5
MetalGearNaruto posted...
There is no input lag, Arkham Asylum has a sort of rhythm to its combat system. Your timing is probably just off. I just finished the game's hard mode, I went across the exact problems you did, but when I stopped being to eager in combat, and took my time, I was doing a lot of better.

Sometimes it's not the game, it's you.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  3. Arkham Asylum Hard Mode is terribly unbalanced and not very good (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived