• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Type-0
  3. so i posted on hd forum, and response wasnt good.

User Info: ZeoPamaster

ZeoPamaster
5 years ago#11
Lol, you're missing the point. If you want more, just compare the two console's top 10 games list. Not much of a proof, I know, but that's not the point here. PSV's games are all not too recent, goddamn P4G was 3 years ago now. Now 3DS? Ninty's releasing hella lot strong titles there with small intervals (Pokemon games only got 1 year inbetween now), not letting up on the competition one bit.

And compare the amount of upcoming releases from NA, too, while you're at it.

Not gonna turn this into a sony vs nintendo handheld war, accept it, at this point 3DS is just way too damn powerful over there in japan for vita to be able to attract any attention.
"l F***ING GOT IT OK? I F***ING GOT THE PUN, SHUT UP! AAAAAAAARGH!" - Mega_Skrull

User Info: PSOGuy25

PSOGuy25
5 years ago#12
i belive both systems are popular in japan. it is just the 3ds is more popular outside of japan. i know that type-0 could have been a big vita title, se put out a lot of titles on the psp, so far the only thing the vita has outside of japan is ff10/10-2 and army corps of hell.

i know se is putting out the new saga game on the vita, but considering we never got the ds remakes of saga 2 and 3, we may not get saga: scarlet grace, there is also the fact that se still hasnt released dq7 outside of japan for 3ds, but we are getting some other dq games released here.

the topic isnt about vita versus 3ds, it is about se's stupid choices. had they decided to do an hd version of type-0 it would have been better to do it 4yrs ago soon after the vita got released on the vita, due to the fact that there werent too many games, then for that system, adding type-0 to it would have helped sales a little i am sure. i am pretty sure the reason type-0 didnt get put out in a timely manner, even though 95% was mostly done for english release was likely due to the vita just being released and sony not wanting anything to detract from sales.
psn: oogabooga26
3ds: Benji / 1951-0187-1913

User Info: SieKensou

SieKensou
5 years ago#13
FF0shiki on Vita via PSP archives is fun stuff!

Also, there's a circular dilemma regarding consoles.

if dev doesn't produce worthy games on consoles, ppl won't invest in one.
if ppl don't buy certain consoles, devs won't invest in developing for it.

chicken or the egg? i think devs have a bigger responsibililty to create good games for as many platforms as possible. not necessarily cross platform games but still develop for multiple platforms. perhaps developing different games for different platforms. especially for the start of a console's lifetime.
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462

User Info: PSOGuy25

PSOGuy25
5 years ago#14
i totally agree, army corps of hell, never played it. but from reading the game desc, it looks like a game already done: dungeon keeper & overlord. SE put out Lord of Apocalypse out on the vita in japan, it also had a psp release, we didnt get it due to SE shafting the marketing for the psp prequel, Lord of Arcana (lots of fans played the jp demo and wanted to see the game released over here, however SE only put up a glitchy demo which crashed the full game, and a website to promote the game, that isn't typical of what SE normally does, they went all out for 3rd birthday). i am pretty sure though, that a lot of people buy the vita for assassin's creed, tearaway, lbp, borderlands2 and uncharted, why do people think that a game has to be first party for it to be any good. there are a TON of great games on the vita, yea, maybe not well known, but there are still lots available. and had SE put out type-0 on it, as well as ff10/10-2, way back when they were in the process of making the game for psp, they could have done it. instead, they excluded it from the vita, where they gave LoA a dual release on psp and vita, so it really doesnt make any sense.

now they are putting there games on the current consoles, to help them sell well, from what i've heard so far, the ps4 was already doing pretty good, i am sure SE announcing that ff15 was gonna be on it helped, however that game was promised to the ps3, lots of people buckled down to buy a ps3 after seeing the original versus 13 trailer, they had plans to own ff13 and versus 13 on that console. problem is: ff15 still isnt out, and is slated for release next year. oh even though it was revealed for the ps4, it is on the xb1 as well, and by the way, if that isnt enough, they put the hd release of type-0 on the next gen consoles as well, well i am pretty sure that boosted sales of the ps4 even more!

yet type-0 could have boosted sales over here for the vita as we hadnt gotten it yet, and the vita was a new system, if they release it now, it would be more as an after thought, and at this point if they did do it, it wouldnt be for the people that wanted it on the psp in the first place, at this point, since it is on pc, now. it would just be for money in their pocket.
psn: oogabooga26
3ds: Benji / 1951-0187-1913
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Type-0
  3. so i posted on hd forum, and response wasnt good.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A