• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  3. Damn, I miss this board and the old days on MW2.

User Info: _HahaaE_

_HahaaE_
2 years ago#41
Don't waste your time with MWR. It's a solid game but if you remember COD4 for being COD4... it's a completely different game. Aesthetically the same but plays nothing like COD4.
MKSC: Shortcut World Champion (49 WR's)
XBL: Hahaae / MHG Bane

User Info: BrownPack

BrownPack
2 years ago#42
_HahaaE_ posted...
Don't waste your time with MWR. It's a solid game but if you remember COD4 for being COD4... it's a completely different game. Aesthetically the same but plays nothing like COD4.

That's an exaggeration. It still plays like CoD4. It's still the same game.

_HahaaE_
2 years ago#43
Feels nothing like the same game to me. Might be the connection being overall better because of a new console. M16 was nowhere near as effective in the original COD4 due to the connection. Now it's just a 1 burst cannon that every other motherf***er playing the game happens to use.

User Info: NotoriousIy

NotoriousIy
2 years ago#44
it was always like that hahae. M16 in cod4, no matter what version, was always the best gun.
best ttk, best swap to AND from of all ars (seriously, it's like swapping to a pistol) and a damn fast reload (2nd best iirc)
the cod4 ak47 and 74u are right behind it, along with mp5 and p90

BrownPack
2 years ago#45
NotoriousIy posted...
it was always like that hahae. M16 in cod4, no matter what version, was always the best gun.
best ttk, best swap to AND from of all ars (seriously, it's like swapping to a pistol) and a damn fast reload (2nd best iirc)
the cod4 ak47 and 74u are right behind it, along with mp5 and p90

Except for MW3 where it was ass at first lol.

User Info: gamerman57

gamerman57
2 years ago#46
It feels even more OP in MWR. I honestly don't remember ever getting one-bursted through Jugg in OG CoD4 (unless they were headshots). On MWR though, it happens nearly every time. I think thats because the improved hit detection and netcode make it easier to hit with all three bullets though. Regardless, its still super annoying, especially since people just camp with it.

I'm also very disappointed that they didn't bother fixing the bulls*** M40 ACOG glitch.

_HahaaE_
2 years ago#47
That's what I'm saying. Basically every player has host M16 now due to the improved net coding and it's miserable

BrownPack
2 years ago#48
gamerman57 posted...
It feels even more OP in MWR. I honestly don't remember ever getting one-bursted through Jugg in OG CoD4 (unless they were headshots). On MWR though, it happens nearly every time. I think thats because the improved hit detection and netcode make it easier to hit with all three bullets though. Regardless, its still super annoying, especially since people just camp with it.

I'm also very disappointed that they didn't bother fixing the bulls*** M40 ACOG glitch.

I feel the netcoding was superior in the old version, at least on the Xbox 360

User Info: NotoriousIy

NotoriousIy
2 years ago#49
BrownPack posted...
Except for MW3 where it was as at first lol.

eh, it was okay (case in point here: https://youtu.be/-BLvXRMD2Hc ). after it was buffed was when it was right up there with MK14 and Type-95.
tbh, i prefer the buffed M16 to the other two now in MW3

User Info: Mental_Daxter

Mental_Daxter
2 years ago#50
Jvel, I can't play with you guys for the simple fact that I'm in Alaska with 10 mb/s internet. Can you imagine me trying to connect to one of you guys for CoD? Naaaah.

I skipped and will continue to skip on COD4R. Although it looked the literal same to me.

>Go to COD4R community tab
>Captures
>Oh look every single clip in here is either from campaign, a 1v5 QS match, or someone quickscoping in online. What a shocker. I can't wait to get crossmapped by someone who's been playing only this CoD since 2007.
"Holy f***ing s*** there is no amount of days I can ban you for that will ever be enough so I will start with 63 quadrillion."
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  3. Damn, I miss this board and the old days on MW2.
  • Topic Archived