• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: drunkn420

drunkn420
9 years ago#1

All drivers are updated win7 x64. i reinstalled drivers and with 1680 resolution no aa, all other settings yes i am getting frame drops like crazy. Any ideas?? please help me

User Info: MissNmaN

MissNmaN
9 years ago#2
It's strange. I made a topic about this about a day ago, but nobody knows. I have the system in my sig and I get frame drops when the environmental resolutions are set to max. I can set textures to extra, but once I put the environment texture resolutions to extra, BAM! Massive frame rate problems on certain parts. When I set them to high though, it's as smooth as butter. I am guessing it's an issue with the high res textures and either a weird memory leak or a driver issue.
Xbox Live GT: SincereTurtle, PSN-SincereTurtle
ATI 4850 512 mb, 8 Gb DDR 667 Kingston @ 800, E8200 2.66 Ghz @ 3.4 Ghz, Abit IP35 Pro Mobo

MissNmaN
9 years ago#3
Try putting everything as high as possible (extra) except for the two environment texture resolution settings. Put those on high. Put AA back to 4x and everything else max, including textures and you will be fine.
ATI 4850 512 mb, 8 Gb DDR 667 Kingston @ 800, E8200 2.66 Ghz @ 3.4 Ghz, Abit IP35 Pro Mobo

MissNmaN
9 years ago#4
http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/47808?page=5

Apparently other people have had the same issue....

User Info: tokyowatcher

tokyowatcher
9 years ago#5
People still use the 4850? Wow... elevate your game and get a 5870 like me =P

User Info: Uber_Ed

Uber_Ed
9 years ago#6
tokyowatcher, the 4850 is still an exceptional card...and not all of us can afford to upgrade for the latest and greatest when the 4850 can still max most games out there.
Yes, I love peanuts. Yes, I also love Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy. Yes, I love this board, too: www.bananajones.net

User Info: tokyowatcher

tokyowatcher
9 years ago#7
Uber Ed, he seems to be asking for help because while using the 4850 his frame rates drop a ton. Seems like the op dug your arguments grave already. Btw, http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://news.ati-forum.de/index.php/news/34-amdati-grafikkarten/812-hd5800-serie-und-hd5700-serie-noch-nich-mit-voller-leistung&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

User Info: Uber_Ed

Uber_Ed
9 years ago#8
Well, there haven't been reports of this problem on equivalent nVidia cards, so I'm assuming it's a specific problem the game has with this particular card.

I'm not saying the ati 5000s aren't ****ing amazing, but it should be completely overkill for this console port. Just saying, I really don't have any ideas on how to fix this. I would say report it as a bug of some sort, but I don't have much confidence in IW at the moment so I don't know how much this will help. : /
Yes, I love peanuts. Yes, I also love Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy. Yes, I love this board, too: www.bananajones.net

User Info: vintovka_

vintovka_
9 years ago#9

4850 is a great graphics card. It should work, but then again you are dealing with an Activision game. Expect the unexpected.

MissNmaN
9 years ago#10
I would upgrade to DX 11, but it's not worth it to me right now. I'm actually just going to purchase another 4850 for $80 and have an almost equivalent amount of power minus DX11, which besides tessellation, is nothing different. I also believe that it is a problem with the drivers and ATI 4800 cards in general. I'm guessing a memory leak which will hopefully be fixed because many others have reported the same problem.
ATI 4850x2 Crossfire, 8 Gb DDR 667 Kingston @ 800, E8200 2.66 Ghz @ 3.4 Ghz, Abit IP35 Pro Mobo
  • Topic Archived