You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Is it worth to download if I just want to do a free account?

User Info: mach25687

mach25687
2 months ago#1
Or do I need a Premium account to really enjoy the game?
Best damn game about Ninja http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ninjagolf/ninjagolf-flashgame.php

User Info: Cy_Gogetenks

Cy_Gogetenks
2 months ago#2
There's a credit cap of 350,000 credits, exp is halved at level 20, speeder piloting is at level 20 instead of 10, sprint gets unlocked at 15 instead of level 1. Is it worth playing as a free player, for the story yes. It will be a bit harder but you'll still enjoy it.
PSN: Gogetenks
"Love seeing you two together again, you always were my favorites" - Stan Lee Spider-Man PS4

User Info: WynnSilvergaze

WynnSilvergaze
2 months ago#3
exp is not halved at level 20. Subscribers just start getting 20% more exp at level 20.

User Info: Cy_Gogetenks

Cy_Gogetenks
2 months ago#4
WynnSilvergaze posted...
exp is not halved at level 20. Subscribers just start getting 20% more exp at level 20.

As a preferred member it stated that my experience went down by half or at least some. I know free to play players get sprint at 15 and speeder piloting at 20 whereas subscribers get sprint at level 1 and piloting at 10.
PSN: Gogetenks
"Love seeing you two together again, you always were my favorites" - Stan Lee Spider-Man PS4

User Info: StellarHole

StellarHole
1 week ago#5
mach25687 posted...
Or do I need a Premium account to really enjoy the game?

It really depends on what you want to do. The more you want to do Ops, Flashpoints, etc, the more attractive having a premium account will be. If you just want to solo everything you can do that easily with a free account.

The credit cap is being raised to 1,000,000 credits. You will also get an extra quickbar when that update rolls out.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190620
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Is it worth to download if I just want to do a free account?