• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 year ago#1
Before or after 6.0? Maybe Nadia too, but my consular isn't as attached. I wish they hadn't strayed from the "any class can recruit this companion" stuff. Light side Jaesa + Trooper or Kira + LS Inquisitor might've been very interesting combinations. Well, at least Ashara and Mako are back. Unfortunately for me, I still literally cannot play the game. Still need to get a new computer before I can play again. I'm worried about where my characters might've ended up, and if I'll be able to change their names. Last time I played was before the server merges. I remember playing a trial of KotFE, though. Couldn't believe chapter 1 was only like 5 minutes.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
1 year ago#2
Two more companions, IIRC, have been "confirmed" for pre-6.0 via datamining, those being Scourge and Dark Jaesa, but Kira's also a pretty high probability, from what I recall. And yeah, it's a little disappointing that certain characters only come back for certain classes, but it's not like there was much interaction with most of the ones we were getting back anyway, and the new ones do generally have story-related reasons they're class-restricted.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: The Rob

The Rob
1 year ago#3
If they weren't going to have side-quests to get them back than they shouldn't really have taken them away. Really pointless. I was hoping they'd be returned in flashpoints or something.
<cite>RPG_Apostle posted...</cite>
SWTOR is all about the journey, WoW is all about the destination.

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
1 year ago#4
The Rob posted...
If they weren't going to have side-quests to get them back than they shouldn't really have taken them away. Really pointless. I was hoping they'd be returned in flashpoints or something.

For what it's worth, they did intend to, but there were two main problems:

1. Supposedly the original intent was to do three seasons, each as long as KotFE, but then when KotFE did below expectations, they rushed and crammed the remaining plan for 32 more chapters into just 9, so there was less opportunity to re-introduce old companions.

2. They didn't plan how to return them. So they figured they had plenty of time (and wanted to stretch it out, probably, to keep people interested), but didn't have a plan for how to use it, and then they lost it anyway.

Hence, at points where they probably could've and should've included other companions (like Dorne in KotFE XI or Akaavi in XIV), they left them out, wanting to space it more. It probably also doesn't help that the current lead writer only wrote the Trooper story, and certain plot points make it seem that he's not really familiar with the other class stories. So we end up with weird things like Temple going back to the Chiss, or the Warrior being obsessed with killing Quinn over something that passed between them years ago.

I do agree, regardless, that they should have had a better plan, though.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: Lord_plague

Lord_plague
1 year ago#5
Still hope that this game will come to the PS4....
Nemo immortalis est

User Info: cubiehole

cubiehole
1 year ago#6
They're likely squeezing the remain few drops of revenue out the game now. Forget a PS4 port. You'll be lucky if it stays on PC much longer.
I don't like to brag, it's elitist and I hate elitism, but your comments seem pretty hilarious considering that I write stuff Obama reads. - Terran

User Info: Lord_plague

Lord_plague
1 year ago#7
cubiehole posted...
Forget a PS4 port

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Nemo immortalis est

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 year ago#8
When I finally get to return to the game, I'm gonna be so lost, lol. Especially gameplay/gear/combat wise. I've got so much I need to do.

* Get my (eventual) new PC all set up
* Download a year or so of SWTOR updates.
More than that if I can't simply transfer the game from the old hard drive to the new one.
* Subscribe
* Add Cartel Coins
* Change some character names (They added spaces in names while I was gone)
* Obtain Revered Master Robes
* Add those to Collections
* Get a black/black or black/grey dye for my Sith. Maybe one for my other Sith too. And maybe one for Scourge.
* FINALLY start playing KOTFE
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: Captain_Sorzo

Captain_Sorzo
1 year ago#9
or the Warrior being obsessed with killing Quinn over something that passed between them years ago.

That option was added purely to appease a very loud part of the community, which bizarrely held a grudge for over five years.
"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
(message deleted)
  • Topic Archived