• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. This game for consoles?? ps4 hopefully

User Info: Lord_plague

Lord_plague
1 year ago#1
Anyone think this is possible? Personally I would love it, especially if they made it more single-player focused instead of the multi-player game that it is today (will never happen but you can hope)

For raids and strikes you could get very competent A.I of diferrent classes to help you on the mission, they would also choose differently on the light/dark choices like the real players do.

The cartel market items could be bought either with in-game money real money.

And I wish they made darth vaders suit and slave leias outfit available to us (maybe it is I have not played hutt cartel and beyond)

Sorry for bad english and maybe impossible idea (hope)
Nemo immortalis est

User Info: Bl00dY_ReApeR

Bl00dY_ReApeR
1 year ago#2
The combination of old buggy game engine that struggle even on high-end pc and multiple abilities control scheme would not really allow the game to be on console. Especially not this late in its life.

The slave outfit has been available since release (if not, many years ago) at social vendors. As for Vader, there are very similar armors but not helmets as far as I know.

Lord_plague
1 year ago#3
Bl00dY_ReApeR posted...
The combination of old buggy game engine that struggle even on high-end pc and multiple abilities control scheme would not really allow the game to be on console. Especially not this late in its life.

The slave outfit has been available since release (if not, many years ago) at social vendors. As for Vader, there are very similar armors but not helmets as far as I know.

*1: shame, this game for consoles would be epic, but maybe it could work if they did the control scheme like Tera or Final fantasy online?
Hopefully in time they would remake it for consoles cause I love this game

*2 regarding the outfits i have to say yippy =) Since I have heard that disney would delete the slave leia outfit from the game for some reason, that is why I asked =)
And vader cause he is awesome

THX for the reply =)

Sorry for bad english and maybe stupid topic
Nemo immortalis est

Lord_plague
1 year ago#4
Bump
Nemo immortalis est

User Info: WynnSilvergaze

WynnSilvergaze
1 year ago#5
I won't say that it's never going to happen, but it's highly unlikely that it will end up on consoles. The games engine is shyte and would need to be remade from the ground up. They haven't even fixed some outstanding issues with it that have been around since launch.

Also, there's far too many class skills needing to be mapped for a controller to work. That's still not including party targeting, enemy targeting and menu buttons. The reason it works for games like TERA, ESO and FFXIV is because they were built from the ground up with console gaming already in mind.

FFXIV works because of factors like fewer class rotational skills and most importantly -- global cooldown is 2 seconds and encounters are built with this in mind, so healers actually have time for reactive healing.

Also -- https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/951199-star-wars-the-old-republic?search=console

topic has been beaten to death.

Lord_plague
1 year ago#6
WynnSilvergaze posted...
topic has been beaten to death.

Yeah I know that hoping for this to happen is useless but yeah...

and this topic is not beaten enough yet =)
Nemo immortalis est

User Info: Azztec

Azztec
1 year ago#7
Issues with the game engine aside (and that is admittedly a doozy) most of the other factors can be addressed in the same way FF XIV handled them. Regardless if it was built with consoles in mind, they are both Tab target games, and XIV handles how you cycle through enemies and allies as efficiently as you could possibly hope for minus a mouse.

It also handles a large skill list well, providing not only different skill pallettes depending on which shoulder button is held, but can add additional hotbars to cycle through if needed. To top it all off, it works very smoothly and intuitively. It's literally as good as it gets for a tab-targeting system relying on a controller.

The slow global cooldown in XIV is a design choice, not a hardware limitation; it is done that way to "weave" instant Abilities between the GCD of Weapon Skills. At level cap, combat is as fast and complex and hectic as in TOR, so the slow GCD is a moot point.

I'm not trying to sell folks on the wonders of FF XIV, I personally prefer TOR's combat more. It's just that, with how well Square-Enix optimised controller support, it's never going to be a valid argument that consoles and controllers can't make a PC MMO work if there is enough effort applied to the transition.

I for one would LOVE to see this come to consoles, but only if I could access my PC account... I have too many characters with far too many goodies added to my collection to ever take starting fresh seriously.
"So suave, I could charm the pants off Donald Duck'
Gamertag/PSN id: Azzerrific

Lord_plague
1 year ago#8
Azztec posted...
Issues with the game engine aside (and that is admittedly a doozy) most of the other factors can be addressed in the same way FF XIV handled them. Regardless if it was built with consoles in mind, they are both Tab target games, and XIV handles how you cycle through enemies and allies as efficiently as you could possibly hope for minus a mouse.

It also handles a large skill list well, providing not only different skill pallettes depending on which shoulder button is held, but can add additional hotbars to cycle through if needed. To top it all off, it works very smoothly and intuitively. It's literally as good as it gets for a tab-targeting system relying on a controller.

The slow global cooldown in XIV is a design choice, not a hardware limitation; it is done that way to "weave" instant Abilities between the GCD of Weapon Skills. At level cap, combat is as fast and complex and hectic as in TOR, so the slow GCD is a moot point.

I'm not trying to sell folks on the wonders of FF XIV, I personally prefer TOR's combat more. It's just that, with how well Square-Enix optimised controller support, it's never going to be a valid argument that consoles and controllers can't make a PC MMO work if there is enough effort applied to the transition.

I for one would LOVE to see this come to consoles, but only if I could access my PC account... I have too many characters with far too many goodies added to my collection to ever take starting fresh seriously.

Yeah, being able to connect the PC account would be really good addition, since it would probably make more people buy it for the playstation. I for one would be content with just using the ps account cause I lost my pc account for some reason.

And BTW would it not be possible the to use a keyboard for the playstation??

Sorry for bad english
Nemo immortalis est

User Info: Azztec

Azztec
1 year ago#9
Lord_plague posted...
And BTW would it not be possible the to use a keyboard for the playstation?

Certainly! And I would say a mouse too. I've never connected a mouse to my PS4, but I'm sure someone told me some fps shooters can be played with mouse and keyboard like PC.

I think the problem with mouse-and-keyboard is that while it would be a great option, they would probably still need to create controller support. Too many console players would only be interested in playing on a controller, and the PS4 might struggle to process moving the camera as fast and crazy as you would with a mouse. It could result in large framerate spikes.

Personally, one of the reasons I would like to play TOR on console would be for the excuse to use a controller lol.
"So suave, I could charm the pants off Donald Duck'
Gamertag/PSN id: Azzerrific

Lord_plague
1 year ago#10
Azztec posted...
Lord_plague posted...
And BTW would it not be possible the to use a keyboard for the playstation?

Certainly! And I would say a mouse too. I've never connected a mouse to my PS4, but I'm sure someone told me some fps shooters can be played with mouse and keyboard like PC.

I think the problem with mouse-and-keyboard is that while it would be a great option, they would probably still need to create controller support. Too many console players would only be interested in playing on a controller, and the PS4 might struggle to process moving the camera as fast and crazy as you would with a mouse. It could result in large framerate spikes.

Personally, one of the reasons I would like to play TOR on console would be for the excuse to use a controller lol.

That is why, with keyboard support more people could get into the game since more can play it like thay want to.
But I think using a controller would be the way to play, since it would be interesting to try. And I like the controller more than a keyboard cause there are less buttons to press =)

The sad part is that if they did it, it might make the PvP a nightmare to balance. Though I myself do not want to PvP only PvE. (And I think many play this mainly for the PvP)

Damn I want this game for consoles

Sorry for very bad english and bad tech knowledge
Nemo immortalis est
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. This game for consoles?? ps4 hopefully
  • Topic Archived