The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. This guy called it in 2010

User Info: Dat_Dude_Yo

Dat_Dude_Yo
7 years ago#1
A poster on the TOR forums pointed this out, more people have been linking it and the mods keep deleting it. But this guy hit the nail on the head in 2010.

(this is just one of dozens of stories covering it, just google EA Louse)

http://www.1up.com/news/ea-louse-blows-lid-old-republic-budget-warhammer-failure

(This is the letter in its entirety)

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-2803

And here's the best one, the 2 Bioware founders responding to it, and they use a lot of words, but they don't deny it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-05-bioware-it-was-sad-to-read-ea-louse

He could not have been more spot on. The best is google EA Louse and look at some of the other articles and the comments. People didn't believe him. Oh how wrong they were.

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
7 years ago#2
I wonder how the viral marketers will spin this.

User Info: DraconisRex

DraconisRex
7 years ago#3
This one is funny:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-2803

You see his full letter and the BioWare defense force out in full defending BioWare. Meanwhile, BioWare has now set a record for most subs lost in a quarter. And it was only 70 days long as the first cancel was the 20th of January...
It's not 2004, stop making excuses...

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
7 years ago#4
Anyone else picture Futurama's 80's Guy while reading that?

I've maintained all along that the people responsible for this game put no passion into it. -If- what the guy says about management is true, it would certainly not surprise me; what he claimed and the final product line up nicely.

Dat_Dude_Yo
7 years ago#5
I saw someone post this there last night and it was locked and deleted almost immediately. A few people got to read it apparently and started posting more topics about it which skipped the locking phase and went straight to deleting.

I almost forgot about it but I check the forums there right before I made this post and saw it happen again. Someone made a topic about it, refresh, topic gone.

The response from the Bioware founders is genuinely great though. The comments under that are just full of people who notice right off the bat they don't deny any of EA Louse's claims.

It's all just crazy to me. They obviously knew the game was a disaster. They continue to lie and minimize and damage control. They even had that guild summit, remember that? Sitting in a room full of disappointed players and lying right to their face about how things were going to be OK.

Such incompetent scumbags. Their failure is well deserved.

User Info: Logical_Hamster

Logical_Hamster
7 years ago#6
Lmao at taking EA Louse seriously. That guy was even discredited and disbelieved by haters long ago. He's just a butthurt at getting tossed during the restructuring of the BioWare Group to fully integrate what was left of Mythic. He wasn't the only one let go, but he took it personally, made up a bunch crap that he couldn't have known anything about in the first place, and then had it spread online. You want a case that BioWare fans can point to as possibly having been someone in Blizzard's employ at the time, this guy could very well have been it. Who better to coax him into posting that drivel in an effort to defame EA and BioWare? Its not a sure thing of course, but how do you Blizzard fans like the suggestion that your vaunted developer can and will stoop to same in an effort to further the company? Hmm?

And yes, I'm aware you guys already posting in this topic will just say that I'm just some drone of whatever, though in reality you should already know that while I like the game, I know its not without its flaws. So you can stop that train of thought right there.

Anyways, go look in the archives on this board to see what went on back then and to see how utterly fail EA Louse was. He gets points for trying, even in my books, but he reached a little too far, which made his whole letter just ridiculous. Maybe if he'd contained his accusations and claims only to the project and studio (that being WAR and the old Mythic studio that designed it) that he worked for he might have almost been taken seriously. But nope, he had to start making claims that only someone working on the TOR project would have known (which he never did), or someone in a management position at BioWare Austin or higher up the food chain would have known (and he wasn't a manager or even a supervisor, he was a minor graphic artist with no seniority).

So once again, I laugh at anyone taking EA Louse seriously. Even the gaming media (besides the gaming versions of tabloids) stopped paying any attention to him when it became clear that he was full of s***. And if you go looking in the archives here, you'll almost definitely find links to several sources that discredit Louse and expose him for the crock that he is.
Logical Hamster is illogical

Dat_Dude_Yo
7 years ago#7
That's weird because when you look at what he said and then you look at TOR everything he said was exactly right.

Your post was like the Bioware founders response, a lot of words yet you didn't discredit or deny EA Louse at all.

There is no defense.

User Info: Logical_Hamster

Logical_Hamster
7 years ago#8

That's weird because when you look at what he said and then you look at TOR everything he said was exactly right.

Your post was like the Bioware founders response, a lot of words yet you didn't discredit or deny EA Louse at all.

There is no defense.

have fun with your delusions. I've fed you enough with that one post that you should be able to hibernate for a year under that bridge of yours.
At first I was like http://tinyurl.com/colbert1-gif
Then I was like http://tinyurl.com/stewart-gif

User Info: Redrivar

Redrivar
7 years ago#9
somebody's getting paid to troll this topic lol
PSN- paladinredrivar

User Info: george43

george43
7 years ago#10
EA louse was right unfortunately.

I didn't want to believe it and didn't really believe it while leveling.

But after seeing SWTOR at 50, the game is so piss poorly managed I am surprised they put together 1-49 as well as they did (although 1-49 isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination).

1-49 is fun and definitely has a star wars feel. Level 50.....laggy, buggy garbage with nothing to do but pvp. And they managed to screw up pvp so badly with 1.2, no reason to even play it.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. This guy called it in 2010
  • Topic Archived