Error code 9000 is really starting to piss me off.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Error code 9000 is really starting to piss me off.

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
6 years ago#1
First and foremost, I did a search on this error code before making a topic and I saw plenty of them, but they were all closed.

Is anyone else still getting this? I've been getting it for the last 36 hours or so. I can't log into the game -at all- for more than 5-10 seconds before I'm kicked off. I've reset my router, modem, and all that jazz and it still doesn't solve the issue.

I put in a ticket and my response was to send them a laundry list of logs, DX diagnostic reports, etc. Yeah...I somehow doubt any of that has to do with it considering everyone else that this has happened to (and possibly still happening to) were not experiencing connectivity issues with anything else other than the game. So the problem is obviously on their end and not ours.

I just don't know what to do. It's really starting to annoy me. Everything started off all find and dandy and then all of a sudden, I just couldn't connect (or remain connected for long) anymore.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.

User Info: Sxmfct

Sxmfct
6 years ago#2
your better off reinstalling i guess... there customer service isnt much help trust me i kno -.-

Veliconis
6 years ago#3

your better off reinstalling i guess... there customer service isnt much help trust me i kno -.-

That means I would have to download the client all over again since I got the digital copy. I am so not going through that again. I also don't see how that would help resolve any issue. They pretty much made it clear that it's something on their end. I mean, they've had to close 3-4 topics on this error code alone and keep starting new ones because so many people are running into this problem.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.

User Info: Sxmfct

Sxmfct
6 years ago#4
game is broken thats all there is too say -.- i only tried to help

Veliconis
6 years ago#5

game is broken thats all there is too say -.- i only tried to help

I know you were trying to help. :P I was just stating why reinstalling the client wouldn't solve anything. :D

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
6 years ago#6
Error code 9000 is a problem with your internet.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 53

Veliconis
6 years ago#7

If that's the case, then why am I only having a problem with this game and nothing else at all? None of my other devices on the connection have an issue with anything.

User Info: Da Binkster

Da Binkster
6 years ago#8
While I haven't gotten error code 9000, I have noticed that there are times when I'll have really bad connections to this game. My ping will go from 34-40 and I'll just start lagging and it will just start climbing, up to 56000 is my record, then I disconnect. I even start up another game and have zero issues.

I would have to say that it's an issue with the servers after my experience.
"Someone peed in your butt?" -Tion2
"No one peed in my friggin ass!" -gyork999

User Info: Mindsliced

Mindsliced
6 years ago#9
use the repair option on the launcher?
---PSN: Jihad__Jack---
Offical Yamato of the Naruto UNSG Boards

User Info: DraconisRex

DraconisRex
6 years ago#10
ATARIJAWA posted...

No. It's not so much 'his Internet.' is that it's the game is picky and isn't flexible in what it wants out of you...

OP, try these things, they have been known to work:

If you are receiving Error Code 9000 it can indicate an issue with your network connection.

Firstly, please check the Server Status Thread to see if there is currently any downtime scheduled for the server you are attempting to connect to.

If there is no downtime scheduled, please check the following to help resolve your issue:

1. Restart the game and attempt to login again
2. Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
3. You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
4. You may need to add an exception for SWTOR.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
5. If you utilise a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
6. If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.

If the issue persists please contact Customer Support for further assistance. Please ensure that you have included a copy of your DXDiag and client logs when contacting Customer Support.

Thank you for Pre-Ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

And this has been know to help with the 9000 error and the 1003 error:

Originally Posted by Heggis
On a other post ppl have gotten error 1003 and when i look on the picture that is in this post you guys stop at the same point as the once whit error 1003.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1591

-----------------------

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps

1. running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Vista service pack 2 as an administrator.

2. Reset your router to fabric settings. / set your firewall settings to low.

3. Open your Ports router/ firewall
The port numbers that are required are 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP).

Hope it helps

And this is amusing and tells you the scope of the frequency of this error thanks to their stupid programming decisions...:

Hello all,

The previous thread regarding Error Code 9000 reached 1k. In order for us to keep feedback easy to find and to gather as much information as possible, we have recreated the thread here.

If you wish to read through the previous thread, you can do so here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13083

Hope it helps. Game still sucks though... I think a 1000 monkeys coding randomly could have made a better game on random chance...
If you download hacked games to not pay for them. You're a thief. Period.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Error code 9000 is really starting to piss me off.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived