• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. EA Play Gamepass server issue.
the_old_days 10 months ago#1
I’ve had the ultimate edition of this game installed for ages. Somewhat recently it became available on Game Pass through the EA Play integration, but when it tries to load my DLC I get a music skip and a soft freeze with the loading icon spinning indefinitely and the music skip looping.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I’ll try putting in disc 2 tonight to see if that makes a difference. I don’t think it will, but who knows. The servers are crap, I had to go through a unnecessarily complicated process for getting the game to recognize the DLC files on my XB1 before it was added to Game Pass - I had a similar issue with the DLC content in the FO3 GOTY edition - now it looks like the issue may have started all over again regarding Origins.
Who has the Palladium? Diomedes. In Hesperia.
One must not simply play the bass. One must slay the bass.
(edited 10 months ago)
Atlasfog 9 months ago#2
Nope, no workarounds. I’ve found the only dlc that works is the witch hunt randomly. All other dlcs barring the golem dlc don’t work, and aren’t even recognised
the_old_days 9 months ago#3
That’s weak. This whole series needs some upkeep love. I suppose Keep is still all jacked up too due to server wonkiness. Way to f*** up one of the franchise’s most unique features, EA. Way to honor one of the most critically acclaimed and beloved games that your studio, BioWare, has made during the last 11 or 12 years.

My ultimate DA re(make)master fantasy:

DA: Origins, 2, and Inquisition are released in a heavily remastered collection with reworked systems.

File importing is fixed, choices transfer organically from DA2 to Inquisition without needing to use the Keep.

Designs of reoccurring characters stay consistent throughout all three games.

Redo combat. Give me the choice to play all three games with tactical pause/auto attack and the ability to pull the camera up into iso view.
Have a choice at the beginning of the trilogy: tactical or action combat system.

More varied environments for DA2.

It’s a tall order.
the_old_days 9 months ago#4
Alright, it still works if you put in disc 2 from the Ultimate Edition, same as before it was added to GP. Still, having to rely on the physical media negates the advantage of having the game on Game Pass, at least for those of us who own the Ultimate Edition.

But here’s the issue I noticed. Bear with me, I’m longwinded I know, but I’m 100% sure this is the issue.

When I look at the add-ons from the game management page accessed from my game library, all seems installed properly.

HOWEVER, when I look at the respective add-on pages for the DLCs in the marketplace, I see some of the DLC, such as Return to Ostagar, is listed as “owned” while others, such as Awakening, are just listed as “installed”.

• If the disc is not in I can click on “manage content” from the store for DLCs listed as “installed”.
  • Notably, the DLCs listed as “owned” prompt “Launch Game” instead of “Manage Content”.
  • Accessing the management page from the store for the DLCs listed as “installed” reveals a new listing as “app not installed”.
  • From here I can choose to install the content, but the content can’t be found and I get an error; because the disc isn’t in and I don’t technically own the digital releases of the DLC since I installed from disc - I’m assuming.
So I think I’ll just put in disc 2 and then install the DLC through the marketplace.

• However when I put in the disc and access the content from the marketplace, all the DLCs prompt “Launch Game” instead of “Manage Content”.
So with disc 2 in, you can’t install from the store, only launch, and the DLCs are already listed as “installed” in the game management page accessed from the library, so you can’t install them from there either.

• Deleting and reinstalling the DLCs from the second disc of the Ultimate Edition doesn’t seem to fix this issue. The digital version of the game just doesn’t seem to recognize the DLC installed from the Ultimate Edition without having the game disc in.
Why are some DLCs listed as “owned” while others are “installed”.

The “owned” DLCs are obviously the ones I purchased digitally back in the day, before I got the Ultimate Edition. DLCs like Return, Warden’s Keep, Stone Prisoner.

The issue is exactly the same with Fallout 3 GoTY Edition with content listed as “installed” but not “owned”. So this is broader than just an EA server issue.
(edited 9 months ago)
EvilTyger 9 months ago#5
the_old_days posted...

The “owned” DLCs are obviously the ones I purchased digitally back in the day, before I got the Ultimate Edition. DLCs like Return, Warden’s Keep, Stone Prisoner.

The issue is exactly the same with Fallout 3 GoTY Edition with content listed as “installed” but not “owned”. So this is broader than just an EA server issue.

Yeah, same with my Fable 2. I got the GotY edition, so need the disc to use the DLC.

Basically, the game is included with Gamepass... but the DLC is not.
NemesisOgreKing 7 months ago#6
When it to Ultimate/GotY edition of games, you'll need to insert the DLC disc to access any non-marletplace purchased dlc. This has been known since the inception of Xbox BC.

the_old_days posted...
Alright, it still works if you put in disc 2 from the Ultimate Edition, same as before it was added to GP. Still, having to rely on the physical media negates the advantage of having the game on Game Pass, at least for those of us who own the Ultimate Edition.

But here’s the issue I noticed. Bear with me, I’m longwinded I know, but I’m 100% sure this is the issue.

When I look at the add-ons from the game management page accessed from my game library, all seems installed properly.

HOWEVER, when I look at the respective add-on pages for the DLCs in the marketplace, I see some of the DLC, such as Return to Ostagar, is listed as “owned” while others, such as Awakening, are just listed as “installed”.

* If the disc is not in I can click on “manage content” from the store for DLCs listed as “installed”.
* Notably, the DLCs listed as “owned” prompt “Launch Game” instead of “Manage Content”.
* Accessing the management page from the store for the DLCs listed as “installed” reveals a new listing as “app not installed”.
* From here I can choose to install the content, but the content can’t be found and I get an error; because the disc isn’t in and I don’t technically own the digital releases of the DLC since I installed from disc - I’m assuming.
So I think I’ll just put in disc 2 and then install the DLC through the marketplace.

* However when I put in the disc and access the content from the marketplace, all the DLCs prompt “Launch Game” instead of “Manage Content”.
So with disc 2 in, you can’t install from the store, only launch, and the DLCs are already listed as “installed” in the game management page accessed from the library, so you can’t install them from there either.

* Deleting and reinstalling the DLCs from the second disc of the Ultimate Edition doesn’t seem to fix this issue. The digital version of the game just doesn’t seem to recognize the DLC installed from the Ultimate Edition without having the game disc in.

Lol, that a long ass explanation for "just put the second disc in guys". xD xD xD
The future is now, old man. xD xD xD
On the eighth day, God created Turok.
"Two hundred thousand dollars is a lot of money. We're gonna have to earn it." -Blondie
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. EA Play Gamepass server issue.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A