• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Dark Ritual or Loghain Sacrifice???
BatTheYouthful 11 months ago#1
I don't know which one of these I want to follow thru on. The Dark Ritual or Loghain killing the Archdemon. No matter what I aim for the Warden to survive. The Loghain one makes a lot of sense to me, the Warden seems like an adept Small Unit Leader, but commanding an entire Army seems like it might be a bit much. On the other hand, sparing Loghain over Alistair, and spurning Morrigan are brutal choices. They both leave. Since the choice is made so late in game I have a save to import into Awakening with both choices, and then I'll do Witch Hunt, but I'm not sure which one to choose.
Leedle leedle lee -Patrick Star
Tidepods 11 months ago#2
I say go with Loghain. Alistair will have to be king if you want him to have a good ending when you spare Loghain. At the end of the game Morrigan's gonna leave either way so an early departure isnt that bad. Loghain sacrificing himself makes everyone happy as he redeems himself as well as gets justice for Cailan. And Thus you can beat the game with everyone happy and without having been manipulated by Morrigan.
BatTheYouthful 11 months ago#3
Noo, they were not happy. Alistair and Morrigan both leave, and even though Alistair is king he doesn't take part in the coronation ceremony, and he didn't give a speech to the troops, I got like one ending slide for Morrigan saying she was never heard from again and that's all it said.
I asked this on the Inquisition page too, and someone else said that since the ending with Loghain is so dissatisfying in Origins that they executed him in game, but uploaded a DA Keep with him having been recruited, which may be what I do as well. Or maybe having an Old God Kid isn't so bad.
Brother Maynard 11 months ago#4
BatTheYouthful posted...
Noo, they were not happy. Alistair and Morrigan both leave, and even though Alistair is king he doesn't take part in the coronation ceremony, and he didn't give a speech to the troops, I got like one ending slide for Morrigan saying she was never heard from again and that's all it said.
I asked this on the Inquisition page too, and someone else said that since the ending with Loghain is so dissatisfying in Origins that they executed him in game, but uploaded a DA Keep with him having been recruited, which may be what I do as well. Or maybe having an Old God Kid isn't so bad.

We don't know the full extent of Kieran's fate, but from what we've seen, having the old god soul in him doesn't mean he doesn't have his own soul, the two souls just share a body. That soul is later removed by Flemeth aka Mythal and Keiran is unhurt physically. Mentally he seems fine, and emotionally he is a bit lonely now that he's been separated from the other soul that he has known for his entire life. What happens to this soul, or what the consequence of cleansing this soul remains to be seen. All we currently know is that Solas has it now.
LonerwolfM 11 months ago#5
You need a game save with each choice if you want the see all 4 endings achievement

1 No one dies - accept Deal
2 Hero dies
3 Alistair dies
4 Logain Dies

Since I played a game with all 6 of the starting origins anyway

My Human Noble Female Warrior romanced Alistair, your choice but I chose deal - Queen Ending p.s. convincing Alistair to sleep with Morrigan is priceless lol
My Human Noble Female Rogue romanced Le your choice
My Dwarf Noble Male Rogue romanced Morrigan your choice
My Dalish Female Rogue Elf romanced Le, your choice iirc I spared Logain and let him sacrifice himself - which is the only reason to let him survive at all.
My City Elf Female Rogue considered continuing romace with Zev for his gift but didnt have the mod, romanced Le, your choice but another good opportunity to say goodbye to Alistair let Logain sacrifice himself.
My City Elf Male Rogue romanced Morrigan your choice same
My Dwarf Commoner Female Rogue your choice period altho IF you watch you will notice the romance with Alistair with Human is different than with Dwarf or Elf. He can be a bit of an ass with those races and iirc that was my let Alistair Die run.
My Elf Mage Male romanced Morrigan, your choice

I liked Mage least so I didnt play a Human Mage Female just to see the small scene diifferences later in the Tower

Or you can keep 3 poss 4 main saves
1 Your Main Game Save
2 Right before you enter the Meet and decide so can replay from there and make other choice later.
3 Right before you enter the room to hear Morrigans Deal and decide so you can replay from and make other choice later
4 IF you can time a save right before the Arch Demon Dies, otherwhise you would need to save before choosing your companions and replay the battle over

Dont forget you can choose in the Keep to NOT have Keiran being born if you prefer

Whatever you decide enjoy

GT LONER WOLF, GT LONER WOLF 02, Enjoy yourself, Life is too short not to!!
(edited 11 months ago)
BatTheYouthful 11 months ago#6
I always wanted to see how Alistair doing the ritual with Morrigan played out. Good to know it is indeed hilarious. I honestly always thought those 2 had some legitimate chemistry.
I'm pretty much doing a full Dragon Age Franchise run right now with all 3 games. I finally decided that for Roleplaying purposes my Dalish Elf Rogue would not have spared Loghain, and I had Romanced Morrigan so my PC did the ritual to have the Old God Baby with Morrigan.
After that I did Awakening and killed the Architect. Good Fun DLC. Then I did Witch Hunt for the first time, which was cool. Gotta love a happy ending.
Now I'm playing Dragon Age 2. It's definitely does not feel as impactful or high stakes as Origins, and they definitely simplified the gameplay. I'm kinda not digging the whole Mass Effect feel to be totally honest. But it's still a good game, and it does have it's charms. There's something that is kinda cool just bumming around a city, and just making friends. But I don't think I'll end up spending even half the time on Dragon Age 2 that I did with Dragon Age Origins.
For Dragon Age Inquisition, I'm planning on playing a Human Rogue, I've kinda gotten quite a few Spoilers already, not that I mind. I think it will be cool playing as a Tempest, and to play as someone who is a Templar drinking from the Elven Well of Sorrows. I'm looking forward to when Dragon Age 4 comes out supposedly in 2022, I'll switch back to playing an Elf.
LonerwolfM 11 months ago#7
I need to finish my Dragon Age Series on of these days. The idea of playing as a Qunari is tempting
LonerwolfM 6 months ago#8
just curious who did you end up romancing in Dragon Age 2 and in Inquisition?

BatTheYouthful 4 weeks ago#9
Oh my God, I didn't like either or them!!! Dragon Age 2 might have been okay if it had a flowing day and night cycle like games have been doing since Pokemon Gold/Silver, but your like canonically friends with a terrorist. Like I don't condone any of that.
Inquisition was okay. I romanced Morrigan in DA:O and that was awesome because it ended up going full circle with my Dalish Elf raiding the Ancient Elf Dungeon that started it all to track down his beloved baby momma. Groovy.
Inquisition had a lot of grinding and l dunno.
Like I own both those games. But they are on the back burner until I hear Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, and Code Vein, and dink around Skyrim some again. And I have a New Vegas character that only needs to beat Lonesome Road and the Second Battle of Hoover Dam to be complete.
BatTheYouthful 4 weeks ago#10
I liked Cassandra in Inquisition. She seemed cool.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Dark Ritual or Loghain Sacrifice???
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A